PDA

View Full Version : Fred

Andreas Liedmann
01-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Hi folks , this is Fred my wet friend from Helgoland , he was very cute as he came up quite close to me during a photo shoot , but always kept a heathy distance :wave:
He came back several times even if he moved back to his colleagues after being chased away by me ( cause of a unexpected movement) or by tourists who walked along the beach .
But he seemed to be very interested in that what i was doing there ......

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
HH

F 7,1 / Iso 3200 / 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; slight crop for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi Andreas -It looks like Fred is smiling! So nice of him to come close and give you good opportunities. I like this simple but effective portrait. I see some cyan coming through in the fur and when reduced it gave the fur a more silvery look. Not sure which is accurate but I actually liked it with the silvery look.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Superb details and sharpness Andreas. The comp looks good and love the eye contact you got.

Andreas Liedmann
01-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks Rachel and Sanjeev for your comments , much appreciated .

Rachel - as for the color i find it all the time very difficult to get it where i want the color to be for two reasons ..... they are very different in all sorts of color variations , they do look completely different when they are wet plus the sky reflection in the wet fur .
So always very tricky to deal with it , the blues / cyans have been reduced three times during process and i found it finally ok as posted . I can for sure remove more , but then i have nothing of the pale blue sky left ........
As always a matter of taste for a great deal , right ? So i stick with this for the moment .

Thanks for pointing this out Rachel , but i have seen it ......:5 and was waiting for your thoughts and you did not disappoint me :5

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Andreas, I'm glad I didn't disappoint you:w3. Oftentimes colors can come down to having been there and ultimately personal preference or memory. Lots of animals, like people, come in different shades and can also be affected by outside factors such as your sky reflecting on wet fur, warmer light, red sand, etc, etc. It's more where you get casts in whites and darks or something looks unnatural that I think is important to correct. You'll notice I didn't call it a cast. I had a feeling it was purposeful. I just liked the silvery look but as you said, you were there and your preference is what really matters.

:cheers:,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
01-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Hi Andreas, love the overall depth of colour here, tone and detail/sharpness really is cool!!!

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
01-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Hello Andreas,

Unlike my recent mouse image, this is spot on in terms of techs, colours are superb. Super sharp where it matters, Boet.

Enjoyed your story and glad you established a kind of relationship with your subject here, helps bring some feeling into taking the shot:)
Lovely portrait, awesome detail, great comp - no crits from me, just compliments:cheers:

Have a wonderful evening,

haseeb badar
01-11-2016, 02:45 AM
Hi Andreas -- Nice discussion on colours , and no need to comment on the cyans , got your point . Lovely details and sharpness , very effective portrait . TFS !

keith mitchell
01-11-2016, 04:36 AM
Looks spot on to me Andreas,sharpness ,detail and colour all look great.
It's always interesting to read peoples views on how they see colours.

Keith.

Mark Needham
01-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Hi Andreas -- Great detail, sharpness, and tones in this one. And, I agree with Rachel that it looks like this guy is smiling :S3: Is this FF? If not, I might try to add a bit more space to the left for him to "look into" if you have it. Just a minor preference though.

D. Robert Franz
01-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Nice simple tight portrait...

Andreas Liedmann
01-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Thanks Haseeb, Steve, Gabriela , Mark , Keith and Dale for your comments , as always much appreciated :wave:

Cheers Andreas