PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-rumped (Myrtle) Warbler

Bill Dix
01-10-2016, 09:19 AM
One more warbler from the Sewer Plant. Of the seven warbler species we saw there on Thursday, the ubiquitous Yellow-rump was the only one I might have normally expected to find during the winter months. Unlike most of the insect-eating warblers, this species has adapted to eating seeds to tide him over in winter.

D7200, 1.4 TC, ISO 1600, 1/1000s @ f/6.3 manual, Gitzo and Mongoose.

gail bisson
01-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Very nice Bill. Looks like you and Geoffrey scored bigtime at the sewer plant!
I like the IQ and the clean look.
Really like the curly tendrils on the branches.
I like that you left the diagonal branch in the RLC.
Nice DOF. There is a tiny bit of noise under the tail that I might be tempted to reduce very carefully. It should be easy because there isn't that much feather detail there to lose.
Gail

Karl Egressy
01-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Nice image, Bill would qualify for the theme. We had six species last year at a sewage treatment plant for month.
When the temperature dipped below -10 degrees Fahrenheit (-23 C) for weeks, all perished.

Daniel Cadieux
01-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Nice pose and perch. Details perfect. I could do without the oof elements along the bottom half, but overall a good warbler image.

Stu Bowie
01-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Hi Bill,good look back pose, and I like the colours on this fellow. Good detail throughout, and another vote for losing the OOF branches.

Bill Dix
01-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone. I persuaded myself that I liked the oof vine in the lower portion, but here's a version without it, and I suppose it is an improvement. I also reduced the noise on the vent and undertail. Thanks Gail.