PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Barred Owl.

Karl Egressy
01-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Older image, I reworked it a little by smoothening out the background and getting rid of the blue cast from the bird (except the eyes)
Thanks for looking and commenting.

Canon 1D Mark III.
Canon 300 f2.8 L IS
ISO 400
1/200 s
f4.5

dennis greenwood
01-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Owls in snow ,its the shot I have been trying for years to get with my little owl,we either have to much or not enough,in fact as I write this we had a good snow fall this morning ,problem now its all gone albeit for just a few pockets ,looks like the bird is wearing a scarf ,lovely image Karl

Bill Dix
01-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Beautiful shot, Karl. Nice light, detail. Good work on the BG, with lovely forest color. I could imagine a tad more room above, but a handsome image as posted. I love the way they fluff out their breast feathers to keep their feet warm.

William Dickson
01-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Lovely shot Karl. Nice details on the bird and a great snowy perch. All fits nicely with the BG colours

Will

gail bisson
01-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Very very nice karl!
Great BG and love the snow.
I agree with Dennis re: looks like he is wearing a scarf.
Would love this in my files.
Excellent PP, great POV
Gail

Steve Kaluski
01-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Hi Karl, nice portrait and the snow covered perch takes it up a notch and the diagonal line of the branch bolsters the comp. Yes the eyes are choked, too solid and adjusting the highlights/whites helps too, as they are clipped. Dropping the Blue retains a cleaner edge on the snow if you feel inclined but as a layer adj, plus you can get more detail out of the snow if you wish. These are cool looking owls.

TFS
Steve

Daniel Cadieux
01-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Ooh, I like pretty much everything here - except the pale area in URC. Nice winter feel with the layer of snow on the branch.

Lorant Voros
01-11-2016, 06:11 AM
Karl, this is awesome and goes very well with the theme. The perch is perfect with the snow and you did a good job on the BG, but I'd clone some green into the white spot on the top right corner. Well done!

Jim Crosswell
01-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Excellent image Karl! I like the eye contact, snowy perch, composition and IQ.