01-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Canon 1 dx
Canon 17/40
1/100
f.9
iso 800

Anette Mossbacher
01-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Hi Giovanni, where is this taken, if I may ask.

The ice in the FG is for my taste a bit to sharp. At the mountain rim you have a tad halo. Comp wise looks fine to me.
The light is great.

Have a great weekend

Ciao Anette

Giovanni Frescura
01-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Hi Giovanni, where is this taken, if I may ask.

The ice in the FG is for my taste a bit to sharp. At the mountain rim you have a tad halo. Comp wise looks fine to me.
The light is great.

Have a great weekend

Ciao Anette
Ciao Anette and thanks
It was made in Haines (Alaska)

David Cowling
01-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Nice composition and good light. You may be able to tease a little more information out of the darkest shadow areas as the complete blackness tends to stop the eye. I like the light and colour in the clouds.

Don Lacy
01-11-2016, 09:40 AM
HI Giovanni, I like the comp and use of the foreground elements to draw the viewers eye into the frame. I am ok with the darks and would only try to lighten them if you could do it without adding any noise to them. I find the foreground a little crunchy and would back of the sharpening a tad.

Adhika Lie
01-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Beautiful color, Giovanni! It might just be a personal preference but I agree with the assessment that the image is a tad over sharpened. There is also a sensor dust spot that you could clone out in the clouds.

Andrew McLachlan
02-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Very nicely composed Giovanni and some good suggestions given to tweak the scene such as backing off on the sharpening a bit.