PDA

View Full Version : Theme Male Snowy Owl

Loi Nguyen
01-07-2016, 02:08 AM
Daniel Cadieux and I were lucky to see this nearly all white snowy last winter. He wondered into a patch of field that had been claimed by a female snowy and the female chased him away whenever she saw him. We were just walking down a fence line with our gear when Daniel spotted him dropping from a high utility pole along the other side of the fence. I managed to put in a few shots with the wrong setting and over exposed by about 1EV. Amazingly the white was not blown :)!!!

1DX
500f4 II
1/2700
f6.3
ISO-800
HH

Cropped bottom, left, and right, no more room on top.

Thank you for your comments

Loi

Richard Gollar
01-07-2016, 07:53 AM
I think it awesome. Would love to see one of these one day.

Gerald Kelberg
01-07-2016, 08:30 AM
Hi Loi,

Have to love this one - these are such beautiful birds - and I like the way you have caught the wing position and the off angle light. Good to have that nice big reflector underneath him!
Also like the grasses and vegetation in the background - giving some depth and context.

Thanks for sharing, Gerald

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Hi Loi, from a comment I saw from Daniel, your reactions were sharp :w3.

I think there is a bit more 'tone' you can get within the subject to create a bit more depth/form.

TFS
Steve

Glenn Conlan
01-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Great capture Loi wing position and POV is great, excellent exposure on the whites, well done

Jim Crosswell
01-08-2016, 05:21 PM
I like the exposure, setting, sharpness and composition. Excellent image Loi!

Loi Nguyen
01-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Hi Loi, from a comment I saw from Daniel, your reactions were sharp :w3.

I think there is a bit more 'tone' you can get within the subject to create a bit more depth/form.

TFS
Steve

Good suggestion, Steve. Will look into it. Loi

Daniel Cadieux
01-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Oh yes I remember that particular pass...this fella was seemingly so fast and agile compared to his lady neighbour!! You did really well here. The blue shadow draws my eye a bit, but all else is top notch.