PDA

View Full Version : Morning Storm at Coral Cove

Don Lacy
01-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Worked an old image I had sitting in my files it was a magical morning with the sun lighting the rain falling from the storm off the coast.
Canon 1DMKIII, 17-40 f/4, single exposure with a 2 stop grad and my now standard workflow of luminosity mask with a little Nik thrown in.

Diane Miller
01-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Wonderful! Now THAT's a horizon!! The diagonal from the rain to the lighter area in the sky balances the arch nicely.

Took me a while to notice but I wish the rocks weren't tangent to the horizon.

dankearl
01-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Love the colors, clouds and the rock. Wish you had stepped a bit higher or lower is possible.

Don Railton
01-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Hi Don

Beautiful colour and wonderfully balanced composition, although i too would have prefered a little more seperation between the rock and horizon, ie Higher POV. Is the sky a little grainy?

DON

Andrew McLachlan
01-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Hi Don...I really like this one a lot and like the others do wish your perspective was just a snicker higher, but the image is still a keeper :) It is a fabulous rock formation and one worth visiting again!

Jonathan Ashton
01-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Love it love it! Composition silky sea and gorgeous colours, the rock just touching the horizon - a well thought out image.

Morkel Erasmus
01-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Lovely mood, simplicity, colours and exposure/tonal control here Don.
I do notice a slight halo along the rock edge.

steve torna
02-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Beautiful image, I love the use of slow shutter speeds to create that silky, dreamy quality. I might consider trying to place the horizon in the upper 1/3 of the image. Rather than being led into the photo, my eye went directly to the horizon. Great image anyway; I agree that it is simple and clean.