PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo- stand up head push

Lorant Voros
01-02-2016, 11:14 PM
I have a series of interesting flamingo images, poses and behavior I have never seen before. The bird was bathing in the 10cm deep water, than to stand up it pushes up with the beak and flaps the wing....acrobatics in flamingo world. I kind of like the OOF birds in the background. What do you guys think?
1DX
700mm
ISO800
1/2500
f: 8
handheld

Glennie Passier
01-03-2016, 02:07 AM
OMG! I love it. The OOF birds work well for me The colours and movement say it all for me. The water droplets and eye contact...just beautiful. If I was picking nits I would like to mention that maybe that's a dust bunny on the tip RHS third.

Karl Egressy
01-03-2016, 06:32 AM
The OOF birds in the background make this image for me. Nice action captured.

Daniel Cadieux
01-03-2016, 11:50 AM
It's a fantastic image indeed! I love the behaviour, and yes, the birds in the background add a lot of interest to the scene. Bummer the one on the right did not turn its head, but it is what it is. The water dripping off the bathing bird's neck is a neat touch. I do feel the comp needs a bit more room - especially above for the taller individual (and then a bit on each side to retain the ratio). That must have been a fun thing to observe!!

Lorant Voros
01-03-2016, 12:14 PM
It's a fantastic image indeed! I love the behaviour, and yes, the birds in the background add a lot of interest to the scene. Bummer the one on the right did not turn its head, but it is what it is. The water dripping off the bathing bird's neck is a neat touch. I do feel the comp needs a bit more room - especially above for the taller individual (and then a bit on each side to retain the ratio). That must have been a fun thing to observe!!

Tank you guys for the comments. Dan. I agree about the more room. It is FF, so this is what it is. I have more images to come in the next days.

P.s: I will be in Montreal for a few months. I hope we can get together somewhere and go photographing together.

Arthur Morris
01-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Ditto all the positive comments. I am amazed that you get the eyes so sharp with these birds with their "floating pupils." You needed a zoom lens to get some more room above the subject... a

D. Robert Franz
01-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Lovely image just a bit more room all around would of helped!

Sidharth Kodikal
01-04-2016, 09:47 PM
This is a big winner in my book, Lorant. Terrific behavior and shooting angle. The oof spectators add a lot to the image. Agree with a bit more on top.
Congrats on a fine image!