PDA

View Full Version : Snow Goose Blastoff 2016

Bob Smith
01-01-2016, 08:49 PM
158137<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d081ebc2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>What better way to start off the New Year than with one of Arthur's much loved Blastoffs. This year's migration of wavies from Wrangell Is. in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia to the Fraser R. delta was the largest in history due to a huge survival ratio on the nesting grounds. Standing out in the foreshore marsh in the sunset, repeatedly surrounded by geese in the air, was a mind bender.7D MII;EF 100-400 @100 MII;ISO 800;f/6.3;1/640;<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d081ebc2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d081ebc2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

David Cowling
01-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Great subject matter and super blast off. I might have been inclined to use a slower shutter speed and a little panning motion to slightly blur and add some movement to the image. Good to know that so many birds have made it this year.

gail bisson
01-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I would come up from the bottom to get rid of all the cut-off geese and then clone out the remaining bits of bird at the bottom and the ones in LUC.
Gail

Bob Smith
01-04-2016, 09:58 PM
I'm still trying to master getting the in focus shots right David so haven't given blurs a try yet but I will this spring when the flock stops for 6 weeks on it's way back north. Good advice Gail--I haven't had time to try it yet as I've been afield too much but will do so soon's I get time.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ad7b59a6/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ad7b59a6/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>