PDA

View Full Version : Theme Gray Jay.

Daniel Cadieux
01-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Photographed in Algonquin Park earlier this week while photographing foxes and martens. These jays are rather friendly and will feed in the hand, much like a larger version of a chickadee.

Happy New Year to all on BPN, wishing you happiness, health, blessings, and many excellent photo ops for 2016!!

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/4, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, original vertical composition slightly cropped to help the comp, eye work including adding a catchlight, NR to the BG.

Charlene Bacchioni
01-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Happy new year Daniel.Once again a brilliant image.

gail bisson
01-02-2016, 01:52 PM
I do not have a single image in my files of a gray jay so am really enjoying this image.
Great comp and love the perch and the snow.
I would smooth out the 2 dark circles in the BG above the jay's head.
Great PP on the eye. Would never have known it was not natural.
Gail

Geoffrey Montagu
01-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Great image, Daniel. What a cutie you captured so well. Wonderful snow covered pine branches and especially like your crop. Overcast light, BG, and eye work exceptional.

Geoffrey

Karl Egressy
01-02-2016, 08:24 PM
I wish the same to you, Daniel. Great image from Algonquin. I feel like going up soon mostly for the Foxes and Martens you mentioned.

Ross Taylor
01-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Love this shot Daniel! Reminds me of the one time I saw a Gray Jay about 20 years ago. They were feeding out of my hand, landing on my hat and the like very friendly! No nits from me :)

TFS-Ross