PDA

View Full Version : Walking Tree

Larry Hitchens
01-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Here's a tree which has outlasted the shifting sands on the Ocean Shore.

Jason Hahn
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
The tree has great structure and loads of composition possibilities from scenic to macro, I can see why it caught your eye. This is definitely a scene you really have to "work" to find successful compositions, and with the light being pretty flat the lack of contrast doesn't help the tree stand out. Because of this I feel you lose a lot of the impact of its lines and structure, especially above the dune where some of it almost gets "lost" in the background. There is a lot going on in this scene, and I would love to see the tree from some different angles, low with the sky as a backdrop to really see the lines and shapes in it, closeup studies of the roots or bark, or seen from the other side with the sea as a backdrop if possible. Thanks for posting, hope to see more.

Jason

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-08-2008, 12:01 PM
A very interesting tree with loads of character but I agree with Jason the it appears rather flat. Jason made some excellent suggestions . Thanks for sharing Larry.

Robert Amoruso
01-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Larry,

I would have tried as one option a low vantage point shooting up with an extreme wide-angle or fisheye. A curves adjustment will take care of the flatness.