PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise At Kincaid Lake

Jack Dean III
12-31-2015, 07:39 AM
This was taken at Kincaid Lake near Falmouth, KY. There was an electric line going across the lake that I cloned out. I originally posted this in the ETL but it was suggested that I post it here. They also said that it would look better if I cloned out a stick in the foreground and brought the top down to hide some unsightly branches, which I also did.
Canon T2i
Canon 17-40mm f/4 lens
f/4
ISO 200
17mm
1/8 sec.
Gitzo tripod while standing on a dock that was still as long as I was. Lol.

Diane Miller
12-31-2015, 02:35 PM
A gorgeous scene, well-composed. I love the subtle colors here, with the magentas giving it a moody and mystic look. I love the horizon being just slightly off-center, too -- a symmetrical scene that is just a little unsymmetrical. The line of reflected trees on the right brings the eye to the center of interest very nicely.

I look forward to more of your landscapes!

David Cowling
01-04-2016, 08:33 AM
A nice moody image which conveys the time of day very well. The dip in the horizon works well to provide a much needed focal point to the image. Nice subtle colours but I might be inclined to reduce the blue just a touch. You may also be able to get a bit more detail from the dark trees. Well done.

Don Lacy
01-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Very nice scene and colors , I like the composition and how the lighter sky draws the viewers eye into the image.

Don Railton
01-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Nice scene jack... Fog adds, maybe might go in a just a little tighter??

DON

dankearl
01-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Nicely seen and imaged, the fog looks perfect....

Andrew McLachlan
01-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Hi Jack, welcome to Landscapes...this is a very nice scene with a nice amount of mist and just the right amount of color to add interest to the sky. It is always a good idea to get rid of those distracting foreground sticks and unsightly branches...before clicking the shutter a quick scan of the edges of the frame should reveal those unwanted elements and a quick re-compose could eliminate them...at times you may have no choice but to compose a scene knowing you will have to clone out such elements. I actually carry a length of light weight rope in my bag so that I can tie back such elements if I need to. I like the scene as presented but do wish the right side was not so heavy with the darkened forest...if there was some sky showing above this section of the scene it would work better for me.
Looking forward to more of your landscape scenes :)

Jack Dean III
01-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone for you response.