PDA

View Full Version : Theme Dancing on ice

Mike Poole
12-30-2015, 08:53 PM

Well, I was after the full on wings up, sliding around, dancing on ice shot, but this fella was far too skilled for that! Taken earlier this year on a cold morning keeping me awake after a night shift - surprised I could even point the camera the right way round!

Canon 5d3
500mm f4 is
ISO 1600
1/1600th f5

Mike

annmpacheco
12-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Very sweet image Mike, the head position really makes this for me as if he is thinking of his next step! I also like the icy grey conditions that allow this colorful drake to really shine. Glad to placed him off center. well done.

keith mitchell
12-31-2015, 04:56 AM
All the colours on this Mike look close to perfect to my eyes and monitor, lovely natural piece of work.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
12-31-2015, 05:12 AM
Well done Mike in getting out and about early, it's paid off.

I think you could have easily gained more DoF and still had that gorgeous backdrop, cute pose with the HA and lovely low POV again. I might be tempted to drop the exposure down a third, but if anything, just burn those legs back.

Have a good New Year Mike.

TFS
Steve

Grace Scalzo
12-31-2015, 10:07 AM
Sweet light, You just lost the reds (Maybe when converted to a jpeg). I like the contrast between the warm light and cool ice.

gail bisson
12-31-2015, 05:53 PM
Very very nice Mike.
I love the low POV and the head position and crossed feet really make this image for me. The iridescence on the head is perfect and I would not decrease the exposure on this part of the duck.
Good advice above.
Gail

Mike Poole
01-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Well done Mike in getting out and about early, it's paid off.

I think you could have easily gained more DoF and still had that gorgeous backdrop, cute pose with the HA and lovely low POV again. I might be tempted to drop the exposure down a third, but if anything, just burn those legs back.

Have a good New Year Mike.

TFS
Steve

Thanks for all your help this last year Steve, have a good 2016.

Mike

Mike Poole
01-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Sweet light, You just lost the reds (Maybe when converted to a jpeg). I like the contrast between the warm light and cool ice.

Grace,

I'm not the best when it comes to PP, please can you explain 'losing the reds' to me and what I could have done,

thanks

Mike