PDA

View Full Version : Orange Chat and Breakfast

Ian McLachlan
12-30-2015, 12:26 AM
This Male was taken from camouflage chair 5 or so yards from their hidden nest in samphire bushes which is their usual breeding place.He took no notice of me but very wary of kestrels and other raptors. The bird is our smallest chat and breeds opportunistically throughout inland Aust..These colours are real without any enhancement. I used minus 2/3ds of a stop as in sunlight the reds an oranges seem to blow out. Also rear focus to try for flight shot. Failed as usual. The settings are a bit out as the light increased in early morning. Gratefull any comments.

1DX
ISO640
F5.6
1/6400TH
-.67ev
840mm
hh

Jonathan Ashton
12-30-2015, 07:38 AM
The bird is well focused perhaps the DOF is a little on the shallow side, it would have been less apparent if the bird was a little more side on. The food in the bill certainly raises the interest factor, images of birds doing something are usually more appealing than those at rest.
The bottom left corner appears a little awry, I think there has been some cloning, and possibly it has been a difficult decision where to start and where to stop. I think it could be redone effectively by completely removing the twigs from the base up a distance that is more or less mid point of the fanned tail

Bill Dix
12-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Beautifully colored bird, and the prey is a big bonus. I agree with Jonathan's comments re. DOF and the obvious PP work in the LL corner.

keith mitchell
12-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Jonathan as well covered the few nits, that is one beautiful bird on a very nice bg the bug is icing on the cake, very nice.

Keith.

gail bisson
12-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Ditto all of the above comments!

Gerhard Weldhagen
12-31-2015, 07:06 AM
Colour on the bird looks good. Well done on getting a clear shot.