PDA

View Full Version : You..Again..

Andre Pretorius
12-25-2015, 03:10 PM
No 2 in the Rhino and Starling Series.

All I want for Christmas...hands off our Rhinos!

Nikon D3S with 500F4
1/1250 @ f5.6
ISO 900

Was not sure whether to sharpen a bit more..?

Steve Kaluski
12-26-2015, 07:26 AM
All I want for Christmas...hands off our Rhinos!

I will second that Andre. :5

As I said before, I like the juxtapose of scale here. Personally I might be tempted to just darken Mums tail so it's less visible???? More sharpening, perhaps in key target areas, but it perceptual and personal taste at this stage I think.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
12-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi Andre - It is certainly something we all hope for in 2016 and beyond. I like the inquisitiveness of the youngster that comes through. In an ideal world mom wouldn't be in the bg but not a deal breaker. For me, there's a bit too much yellow in the hide of the rhino so I would reduce it if it were mine.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
12-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Hi Andre i agree with your statement :5, a good wish . Hope the people listen to your words
Regarding the frame , even if mom is not ideal i think it works as it is about the little one and his feathery friend :bg3:.
I like the comp and the overall tones / colors . Agree with Rachel regarding the yellows .... i would just change the hue of the yellows to keep the red soil of the place where you took the image :w3 .
Nice detail and sharpness does look ok to me .

TFS Andreas

Andre Pretorius
12-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Thank you for comments and suggestions Steve, Rachel and Andreas!

Morkel Erasmus
12-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Cool image Andre.
Second your wishes! That and our prezzie must hands off our R/$ exchange rate haha :bugeyed:

I like the starling, juxtaposes nicely with the rhino for size and colours. In an ideal world I'd have liked mom out of the frame...

haseeb badar
01-04-2016, 04:55 AM
Hi ANdre -- Lovely image and may your wish is granted this year . I agree with Rachel on the Yellow hue but a lovely image . TFS !