PDA

View Full Version : Early Winter Sunrise

Daniel Cadieux
12-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Take in here in Ottawa last month, about a 5 minute drive from home. While still relatively dark out I saw the potential in the clouds and quickly drove over to that location. I was not disappointed with the beautiful start of that day! The reflections are on iced-over water.

Canon 7D + 18-55mm "kit lens" @24mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/60s., f/6.3, ISO 800, handheld, FF.

Andrew McLachlan
12-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi Daniel, very beautiful scene and nicely composed...I love the clouds and colours too. Not much ice there today I bet :)

Tobie Schalkwyk
12-23-2015, 12:06 AM
A fantastic moment nicely captured Daniel! It's always a special moment when the sun colors the clouds from below and if you have a unique / interesting cloud formation too (like this) then you have a winner!

Warren Spreng
12-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Beautiful, love the vivid colors.

dankearl
12-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Gorgeous light and kudos for raising the iso enough to handhold for the shot and still get nice IQ.
Too bad there was ice as nicely blurred water would have been nice....

Gabriela Plesea
12-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Merry Christmas, Daniel!
This is well seen and captured, amazing colours, beautifully processed:cheers:

Thank you for delighting us with your stunning images!

Warmest regards,

Morkel Erasmus
12-27-2015, 04:47 PM
the kind of sunset/sunrise light we all yearn for
nice simplicity in this scene, mate, it works for me

Grady Weed
12-28-2015, 11:04 AM
Stunning colors captured here Daniel. I like the bowl shape in the clouds. I wonder if the horizontal or landscape crop might have accentuated that more?

Don Lacy
12-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Wonderful scene here Daniel to get popcorn clouds lit up like that is a rare sight indeed. If this where mine I would crop from the bottom putting even more emphasis on the sky and clouds.

Rachel Hollander
12-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Hi Daniel - I'm late to this but agree with all of the above accolades. Beautiful colors and nicely exposed to bring them out.

TFS,
Rachel

Diane Miller
12-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Just lovely! I love that you included the entire reflections of the trees, letting them come to an end before the bottom of the frame. The ice gives a lovely impressionistic look to the reflections, and the color is marvelous. There is an interesting variability to the trees, and the clouds are spectacular.

Don Railton
01-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi Dan

I'm very late on this but agree with all the above... My suggestion would be to go wider by stitching a few images together...

DON

steve torna
02-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Hi Dan, I appreciate the way you preserved what you witnessed; silhouetted trees and shadows. Some might be compelled to try and expose for the foreground and trees and use a GND filter. My only thought and it's questionable would be that a silhouetted foreground element would capture the viewers eye and lead them into the image. Superb capture. TFS steve