PDA

View Full Version : Lake Louise Lodge - Canada

Terry Johnson
12-22-2015, 02:40 PM

Hello, this image was taken a few years ago, Just got around to processing.

Nikon D7100
18-200 MM @ 70MM
1/750
F6.7
ISO-100

Your comments please...:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
12-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Hi Terry...it looks a little flat as presented...could use a little more mid-tone contrast...otherwise a pleasing scene that illustrates the impressive Rocky Mountains dwarfing the lodge :)

Morkel Erasmus
12-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Great perspective given by the telephoto compression.
I agree with Andrew, but also think it would have been better without the chopped-off (figuratively) trees bottom left. Perhaps unavoidable given where you were standing etc?

Don Lacy
12-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi Terry, Hope you dont mind but I just did a few tonal adjustments to increase contrast and to ad a little depth just to show you what can be done. also you image has no color space assigned to it when saving for the web it is a good ideal to assigned the sRGB color space

Diane Miller
12-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Lovely scene -- and a subtle but good touch added by Don. I really like the trees in the FG -- they are nicely detailed and their warmth contrasts nicely with the cool tones of the mountains and picks up the greenish tones in the lake.

Don Railton
01-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Hi Terry.

I agree with the "flatness" Andrew points out and Don's RP is a big improvement. I am in two minds about the FG trees, there is more symetry in the image without the trees but they provide a little more depth and prespective..

DON

Steve Kaluski
01-30-2016, 12:47 PM
Terry, the image looks a bit 'thin' no real depth of colour or tone, try and get some tonal range back in.

Was this taken at the top of Glacier Express, as I don't think it looks as high for 'Top of the world Express'. A great location, but the drive to Jasper is awesome.

TFS
Steve