PDA

View Full Version : Early morning walk

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-22-2015, 01:40 PM
An elephant walks across the plains of Okavango in golden light. Kept him smallish in frame to show the vastness of the place. The length of shadow was really long!
1/2500
f/8
ISO 1600
5D III
95mm (70-200 2.8 II)

Rachel Hollander
12-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Hi Sanjeev - It does look like nice warm light and a beautiful scene and yes, the shadows are long. I just wish that the ele was either bigger in frame or maybe even smaller in frame so that its head wasn't intersecting the trees in the back.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
12-23-2015, 04:20 AM
Looks like a marvellous place to be Sanjeev,think that you have succeed in showing the vastness of the Elephants habitat.

Keith.

Andre Pretorius
12-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Love that golden light with long shadows!
I would crop a bit from bottom for more impact.
That vertical white line on far right @ end of tree line looks man made, maybe clone/burn?
Makes me want to be there...

Marc Mol
12-23-2015, 05:46 PM
A fine specimen of a bull traversing the landscape here Sanjeev,

I'd be keen to get as low as possible here, (and why I always sit in the front pax seat and have my own vehicle), not sure if that would have got you below the BG vegetation line?

TFS

Mark Needham
12-29-2015, 12:53 PM
The golden light, the open landscape of low grass dotted with trees, the magnificent elephant ... all of this makes me long for the Okavango - my favorite place. A lovely image. I agree with the comments made about angle / tree line intersecting and white line on RHS. I would actually crop a tad of the RHS and I would also give a slight CCW rotation, as it seems to be leaning a tad to the right.

haseeb badar
01-04-2016, 04:08 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Nice simple image with beautiful light and nice warm colors . TFS !