PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Female Gadwall in Flight

Karl Egressy
12-21-2015, 11:19 AM
I think I posted this before, but it might deserve a second look during the "Theme"
The duck has nice pattern and color and the background is a mix od ice, snow and water.
Thanks for looking and the comments.

Canon 7D Mark II
Canon 500 f 4.0 L IS Mark II.
ISO 400
f 5.0
1/3200 s

Charlene Bacchioni
12-21-2015, 01:06 PM
It works for me Karl,I like the colour mix, great detail captured.

Steve Kaluski
12-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Hi Karl lovely image, nice control of the whites & highlights. Any more image content below?

Just a thought, but I wonder if you double processed the image so the BKG was slightly darker in exposure to create a bit more depth to the image???

TFS
Steve

Daniel Cadieux
12-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Although subtle the hint of red on the far wing really makes the image for me. Great blues for the water too. Too bad about the white patch in the water near the bill, but still a refreshing image.

gail bisson
12-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Tack sharp, great wing position.
I have to echo Daniel's comment to the letter. I too, noticed the red feathers immediately and that white patch of water.
I wish the edge of the ice/water wasn't so close to the duck but that is a minor issue,
Gail

Bill Dix
12-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Another great flight shot, Karl. Terrific flight position, excellent detail, and I too liked the touch of red. I do think the background competes just a little. The blue looks just a bit technicolor. I'd be tempted to experiment with a slight desaturation of the blue in the lower half of the frame, or maybe try Steve's suggestion of making the bg slightly darker. But it's a fine flight shot of a nice looking hen.

Karl Egressy
12-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Another great flight shot, Karl. Terrific flight position, excellent detail, and I too liked the touch of red. I do think the background competes just a little. The blue looks just a bit technicolor. I'd be tempted to experiment with a slight desaturation of the blue in the lower half of the frame, or maybe try Steve's suggestion of making the bg slightly darker. But it's a fine flight shot of a nice looking hen.

Thanks Bill. Colors are hard to deal with. This version could be better or worse. I removed some of the whites and dark spots around the bird and changed the blue in the bottom half.

Karl Egressy
12-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Here is the original. I'm telling you the colors are weird.

Bill Dix
12-21-2015, 09:42 PM
The repost in pane 7 looks good to me. See what others say.

Marina Scarr
12-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Great frame, Karl. You have so many great feather details and what a pose. Love those 2 red feathers. I would leave the BG as it is.