PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Mouse Re-post.

David Cowling
12-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Here is a re-post with all the useful suggestions for improvement incorporated. Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas.

David.

Steve Kaluski
12-21-2015, 08:33 AM
Hi David I think it's looking better, but I would try if you can just to bring a bit more 'depth' in terms of colour back to the subject. Some Curves adjustment and using the HSL panel will provide this IMHO. Not ideal, as I'm working from the limited info from the RP, but this may give a steer/direction. I did crop and reduce the size to retain IQ.

Have a good Xmas, BTW did you stay at Cley Mill?

Cheers
Steve

David Cowling
12-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Thanks Steve. It's difficult to remember the exact colour of the mouse so I went with Arthur's suggestion to reduce the red in the fur. I perhaps went a touch too far. No, I didn't stay at the mill as it is only an hours drive away.

Happy Xmas to you.

David.

Steve Kaluski
12-21-2015, 08:47 AM
OK, Personally I think it's not just one colour, but a juggling act to strike the right balance, whatever that might be, I just feel it needed some depth.

An hour away great, so you have some good Barn owl country in good reach too, something this wee fellow will want to avoid :S3:.

Rachel Hollander
12-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Hi David - Just an FYI that you could have posted this as a rp in your original thread. I prefer the wider comp of your op. As for tones I think somewhere in between yours and Steve's but also watch the reds in the whites of the underbelly. They were in your other post, in the op here and are also in Steve's rp. I presume that the underbelly should be more white.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
12-22-2015, 03:23 AM
Hi David, just my personal thoughts of course but I think I might drop the red a little more and perhaps give the Mouse a softer look by trying to darken the catch lights in the eye ,do really like your snowy setting.

Keith.

Morkel Erasmus
12-27-2015, 02:36 PM
I like this version more, David, but agree with the points made here (especially the white fur of the belly and the eyes looking a bit weird).
Certainly a cute frame nicely offset against the snow.

haseeb badar
01-04-2016, 03:48 AM
Hi David -- i too prefer this version but it appears a wee bit oversharpened , some nice suggestions you received . TFS !