PDA

View Full Version : A 'wall' of ice

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2015, 12:02 PM
I rarely do any form of landscapes, but when you have an environment & light like this, you cannot help, but endeavour to capture it. :S3: Shot from a moving zodiac.

Steve

Subject: A wall of ice
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 70-200f/2.8 HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/9 ISO800
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop from the top, FF on width
Processed: LRCC & PS CC2015

Don Railton
12-21-2015, 04:13 AM
I agree Steve, the ice is beautifully sculptured and layered.. I would love to visit a place like this! If it were mine I would have a look at a 2:1 crop placing the highest point of the 'berg at the top LHS third intersection. This removes a bit of that dark sky and a little FG but places more emphasis IMHO on the ice berg itself which is what i would be aiming for.....

Have a great Christmas...
DON

Andrew McLachlan
12-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Hi Steve, glad to see you posting in Landscapes again and WOW!!! with such a killer image too. The colour of the ice is fantastic...love everything about this one...probably your best post in Landscapes...wish it were mine :)

Daniel Cadieux
12-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Excellent image Steve!! I'm totally drawn in to that iceberg and its beautiful blues. The sky adds a bit of warmth, and its light angle makes that iceberg glow in a most pleasing way.

Don Lacy
12-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Lovely tones and light, wonderful image here.

Morkel Erasmus
12-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Loving the layers, colour contrasts and texture variations here Steve.
I'm sure one can just have a field day on these Arctic waters all day even if you don't see any wildlife or birds!

Steve Kaluski
01-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Hi Guys, sorry never got any notifications on this hence the late reply, plus I had actually forgot I had posted this, so many thanks for the kind words.

Cheers
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Steve :5 :cheers: :5

What i love the most is the extraordinary color palette in this frame :c3: very , very cool !!!!!!

You should create more of this stuff

TFS Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
01-09-2016, 04:13 PM
This looks gorgeous Steve. I might would bring on the tips some more light :bg3:
just me

have a great weekend

ciao Anette

steve torna
02-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Awesome, I would not change a thing! Other worldly and surreal; warm light and cool ice is just a match made in well the North Pole. Wish I was there.