PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Meadowlark

Joseph Przybyla
12-20-2015, 10:58 AM
I captured this image of an Eastern Meadowlark along Joe Overstreet Road in Kenansville, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering 0 EV ISO 640 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Elements 10
Cropped for composition and presentatioin

Randy Stout
12-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Joe:

Open bill, angle in frame, soft BG, and really big feet all work well. I struggle with barbed wire in bird shots. It is a part of their environment, and I grew up where it was everywhere, but generally prefer a natural perch.

Good job exposing the yellows.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
12-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Hi Randy, thank you for viewing and commenting. The road along which this image was shot is about five miles of broken asphalt and gravel, ending at Lake Kissimmee. The road is bordered by sod farms and pastures with cattle, both of those areas are fenced with posts and barbed wire. The meadowlarks love this habitat, using either the posts or wire for perches. Driving slowly along the road, the vehicle is used as a blind. So I guess in this area the wire is part of their habitat.

Karl Egressy
12-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Nice singing pose and lovely background, Joe.

Stu Bowie
12-21-2015, 05:57 AM
Hi Joe, what an excellent angled pose, and the open beak a bonus. Tack sharp, and what a great view of the feet wrapped around the wire. Nicely in the open, and I like the inclusion of the habitat.