PDA

View Full Version : Duel in heat

Andreas Liedmann
12-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Hi folks ,hope all is well for you shortly before christmas and the upcoming 2016 :wave:
I will go on here with an image taken in 2014 in KTP during my trip with Gabriela and Andre . Image created in mid day heat at Polentswa waterhole , due to always being stressful at waterholes for the animals who are not predators they very often start to fight as many of you know from own experiences .
And the Wildebeest are great subjects to wait for that as they do mostly fight .... sooner or later .In this case , as already described in the past , they almost jumped into my car .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200-400 IS L at 200 mm
window bracket / swing lens support

F 4 ; Iso 125 ; 1/1000 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp from RHS and bottom .little gardening in FG

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Hi Andreas - Another nice action shot from this sighting. You handled the harsh light well. Low pov and kicked up dust add a lot here. This might work well as a b&w too.

TFS,
Rachel

Mark Needham
12-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Hi Andreas -- Great image here showing the battle! I recall some other images you posted from this sighting, and they were awesome too. Love the low angle, dust, and also the detail you managed to extract in their bodies despite the mid-day heat / lighting. I feel it would be an even stronger image without the wildebeest in the background, but nothing you can do about that, although I seem to recall some of your other shots from this sequence having a cleaner background (but, I could be forgetting things - very likely :t3 ). I agree with Rachel that BW could be very interesting with this shot. Again, nice work! Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year break. :cheers:

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi Andreas, I like the dramatic light here and the contrast between the Blacks and Whites, provides nice tonal range and layering. I also like the fact they are kneeling as these two 'gladiators' spar and the plumes of dust rise from the clashing bodies. I don't mind the subject in the BKG, for me it gives context and a bit more added value to the scene. ISO 125, ooh... I know the reasons why, so 1/2500 SS for me. :w3

TFS
Steve

Andre Pretorius
12-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Hi Andreas

Nice detail, love the reds and Blacks with detail!
Angle very effective.
Eyes of fighters draw the viewer into scene.
Well done, Buthi!

Andreas Liedmann
12-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Thanks Andre , Steve, Mark and Rachel for your kind comments as always much appreciated . :wave:

Agree about working great as B/W as i tried it already on another frame of this series :5.

Steve how come that you know why the operator had these settings ? The operator does not know why ...... LOL .... but maybe you can look into my brain over the distance ..... LOL . I am with you regarding the 1/2500 ... but not sure if this will happen again and again .

Thanks again folks , cheers andreas

haseeb badar
01-04-2016, 03:36 AM
Hi Andreas -- Lovely Action and a great low POV , the dust adds so much to the image , the light nicely handled and framed superbly as well . TFS !