PDA

View Full Version : Robin

Mike Poole
12-17-2015, 06:29 PM

A rare burst of British sun last week - must have lasted at least 10 minutes! During that time I was trying and failing to get a nuthatch running down the tree, but a Robin popped by to show the nuttiest what I was after!

Not too keen on the shadow, but he refused to move to the other side of the tree.

Canon 5d3
500mm f4is
ISO 2500
1/640th f6.3

Mike

Marina Scarr
12-17-2015, 07:09 PM
What a little stunner..and the image! Love the tree trunk with the lichen and the pose is so cute. Light and BG are excellent. Everything came together so nicely here!

Lorant Voros
12-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Sweet little bird and it is great you could take advantage of the nice light. Very nice colors, clean BG, nice details. I wish for a little more DOF to have the feet in focus. Lovely image; congrats.

Stu Bowie
12-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Hi Mike, just love the light in this, it cant be too pleasant with your winter weather at the moment - so this is a huge bonus. I like the pose away from the tree, and the light has brought out the colours so well. Love the lichen too.

Karl Egressy
12-18-2015, 06:43 AM
Your tem minutes sunshine beat our one minute one on the other day.
Great image Mike, I really like it. Excellent pose, nice smooth background and nice moss covered, perch.
The best part of it is the sweet looking at you pose.

Jim Crosswell
12-18-2015, 11:40 AM
I like the pose, lichen covered perch, BG and sharp where it needs to be. Excellent image Mike!

Jonathan Ashton
12-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Mike a lovely shot - I could do with a bucket or two of that sunshine!
I like the pose and the perch however I sense the breast feathers are blown in the conversion, I would be tempted to lower saturation and possibly luminance on the breast ......and also check the colour temperature. WDYT??

gail bisson
12-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Beautiful colors and light.
Love the perch with the green moss.
I cannot comment on the saturation and colors on the breast as I have never seen this bird in real life.
I don't mind the OOF tail but wish the leg and foot had fallen in the DOF.
A lovely image,
Gail

Arthur Morris
12-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Wow! The light is amazing, esp. for the UK :). Detail is wonderful as well and the pose is killer, as is the fact that you were able to get it framed properly and make a super-sharp image. Way to go. a

Mike Poole
12-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Mike a lovely shot - I could do with a bucket or two of that sunshine!
I like the pose and the perch however I sense the breast feathers are blown in the conversion, I would be tempted to lower saturation and possibly luminance on the breast ......and also check the colour temperature. WDYT??

Thanks Jon. It was one of those rare times when we get perfect light - if only for a few minutes. The colours here are pretty representative of the scene as it was - except I've de-saturated the colours a little as they were incredibly cartoonish in real life.