PDA

View Full Version : Leopard again !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Here is another portrait, where he came forward to have a closer look at us. We weren't too far from him. 7D II, 100-400 II @ 248mm.
1/80 :eek3: I seem to have gotten away with it though :t3
f/5
ISO 800

Rachel Hollander
12-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Hi Sanjeev - I knew before seeing your techs that this one was at a slower ss. The eyes just don't look as sharp. My personal thought is that you've got and posted lots of leopard shots that are better and more memorable. Still a nice portrait in the foliage, just not up to par with some of your others. I think you can bring out a bit more depth to the tones here too. Like some of your earlier ones, it seems a bit bright/light, almost like a flash was used. Sorry, but you've set a higher bar for your own images.

TFS,
Rachel

Tobie Schalkwyk
12-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Beautiful shot and IMHO you did get away with the low shutter speed. I can't imagine that the individual hairs and the eyes can be much sharper than this. I do agree with Rachel that the colors appear to be a bit 'bland' though and you might want to warm it up just a touch.

Marc Mol
12-17-2015, 08:41 AM
I'd say you almost got away with this in one in terms of sharpness here Sanjeev, but it's really splitting hairs in this case, I do agree on some more tonal depth here however.

TFS

haseeb badar
12-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Your leopard images have been a treat to watch, i would agree with what Rachel has to say . And you certainly have managed to get away with that ss .

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
12-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Hi Sanjeev i like this just for the look the Leopard gave you , i think the tree is not ideal , but nothing you can do about .
You did very well with the slow SS in terms of sharpness , i agree some tones/ colors could stand some more depth , i also think the blues could be reduced overall a fraction .
I wish i had an image of this species like this one :e3 , never got the chance ... so far .

TFS Andreas

Mark Needham
12-19-2015, 12:00 PM
A great sighting and lovely leopard. I agree that several of your other leopard shots are better than this one, but still a nice portrait here. I agree with Andreas that the tree passing through behind the head is not ideal and also it would be great if both ears were pointing forward, but again nothing that you can control. I would give a touch more warmth to some of the tones, as it appears a tad bright / flat. You are developing a great portfolio of leopard images Sanjeev! :cheers:

Arthur Morris
12-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Count me clearly in the could be sharper camp on this one. I'd also lose the spotlit fur on the top of the head with a flopped Quick Mask from the opposite side of the head. a

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2015, 07:30 AM
I seem to have gotten away with it though

Hi Sanjeev, I think the answer to this is when you look at the RAW, how sharp is that?

I would have liked to have seen you also swop bodies and then ramp up the ISO for a better SS, as I feel you would have had time, as the Leopard yet again looks very relaxed and comfortable with your presence. I do think overall it looks a bit light, using one of the filter tools to select the BKG and drop the exposure, plus some tweaks in the HSL does I feel, bring some more tonal depth and colour to the image. Addressing the lighter aspects of the face also brings some more form back in. I would also suggest loosing a bit of the top and to reduce the prominence of the branch in the BKG too

Hope the attached helps illustrate my points. You have been very lucky with your encounters, I hope I get a fraction of your sightings next year.

TFS
Steve