PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Winter Landscape.

David Cowling
12-15-2015, 10:21 AM
The trees stand bare exposing their limbs to the elements. The church silently awaits the Yuletide singers, and the farmer carries out his winter ploughing. I love this time of year.

Canon 7D Mk2. Canon 100-400 L Mk2 at 100mm.

1/640 @ f 6.3 ISO 320

Tobie Schalkwyk
12-15-2015, 12:00 PM
I love the contrast between the blue & red and the semi-dead landscape. The buildings adds to a nice composition. The dark blue spots in the sky looks a little surreal and out of place - not too sure what happened there in PP. Pity about the OOF branches in the left lower corner. A keeper regardless in my books - but with the dark blue spots in the sky removed.

David Cowling
12-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Hi Tobie. Thanks for your kind comments. The dark spots in the sky are actually fragments of clouds.

Warren Spreng
12-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Extremely peaceful image! I love the "layers" of landscape as it builds to the trees in the background.

Don Railton
12-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Hi David

I do like this image and except for a few minor elements it could be a real winner, in my eyes anyway. The church and tractor are nicely placed, and the gap in the hedge LRC could lead into the tractor paddock (and through the image) nicely. I say 'could' because the FG stalks are a bit of the barrier to that lead and the OOF stalks LLC are a distraction.. I also would wish the tree RHS edge was complete and isolated from the border.. (the one with the sky BG..) But over all a good effort in my eyes..

DON

Andrew McLachlan
12-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Hi David...a nice rural scene for sure and the tractor adds the needed splash of colour to the scene....just wondering if you could have gotten yourself on the other side of the OOF foreground plants? Or could you have seen these by checking the DOF preview button and adjusted your position?