PDA

View Full Version : Slippin' and Slidin' II

Gabriela Plesea
12-14-2015, 03:30 PM
It so happened that yesterday I witnessed - once again - the antiques of a small elephant herd. Just look at this female slipping and sliding and putting on the brakes! The lighting conditions were very poor and I had to push the ISO big time, some vegetation in the way made it even more difficult to capture those few images but here they are, far from perfect but I hope you are smiling:bg3: I just had to share!

Thank you so much for viewing, I truly appreciate it:)

Warmest regards,

John Hackney
12-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Very neat pictures. Lovely behavioral study.

Gabriela Plesea
12-15-2015, 03:00 PM
They are such awesome subjects to photograph, John. Never a dull moment when ellies are around:)

Just had a look at a video I took yesterday of a big male elephant hovering over our vehicle, when edited I will share:)

Thank you so much for your contributions to this forum, as well as for taking the time to view and comment - I so appreciate it.

Warmest regards,

Marina Scarr
12-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Fun sequence, Gabriela. I love composition of the first image the most, but the second is funny!

Gabriela Plesea
12-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Thank you Marina!

It was difficult to compose here, I had all that vegetation on the RHS...No time to move the vehicle either, this only took a few seconds. Very high ISO, light fading. Movement in the vehicle, everyone shaking with laughter ( Andre, his daughter and son, my mom too)

But we had great fun watching, LOL. I just had to share:)

Warmest regards, have a wonderful week-end!

Diane Miller
12-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Hysterical! Looks like she sat down on purpose to slide. Bad knees, probably....

Gabriela Plesea
12-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Hello Diane:)

Just a very slippery bit, LOL! Wish I had the time to process the rest of the images! Maybe I should? Just about all of those mama ellies in this herd fell on their knees at that spot:)

We have not had proper rain in 11 months, all we get is a few drops every now and then - the result is a layer of mud... but so thin, one cannot really see the danger!

Got a lot of those images lately...hope the draught is over soon...

Thank you so much for viewing and comments, appreciate it!

Kind regards,