PDA

View Full Version : Sun & snow

Nancy Bell
12-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Photographed this last winter while I was still living at 8,000 ft in Colorado. I really liked the brightness of the grasses and the long shadows from the winter sun.

Layers of smart photo editor, topaz glow and textures, PS filter gallery & PS adjustments along the way.

Diane Miller
12-14-2015, 03:05 PM
The blue and gold are lovely, with a touch of cyan. Wonderful processing for a snow-blown look. Interesting that there is no obvious scale, so they could as easily be trees as grasses. Keeps my attention occupied for a long time. (Of course, the alternative is doing something resembling work...)

gary ellwein
12-14-2015, 10:56 PM
The image has a very pleasing color palette. I also like the subtle granular texture of the snow and the long shadows.

Judy Howle
12-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Oh my, this is downright yummy! Looks like a watercolor. I bet you could sell these, would make great wall art.

Anita Bower
12-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Soft and beautiful. The processing complements the composition and elements. Nice combination of blues and golds. I especially like the sweep of the image, and the semi-abstract look.

Nancy Bell
12-16-2015, 09:58 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your comments. As pretty as snow can be I am glad to be living in Arkansas now with no snow!

Cheryl Slechta
12-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Hi, Nancy, when I saw this I wondered if you missed the snow but now I see your answer to that question:S3: It actually reminds me of a beach scene, with sand dunes and grasses and I like it a lot.

Mitch Carucci
12-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Beautiful! Love the blue shadows contrasted with the warm grasses. There have been so many great winter images here, but this is a standout.