PDA

View Full Version : On a misty morning.....

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-14-2015, 08:09 AM
A foggy/misty morning at the Okavango. Lechwe sprint across in the marshy grasslands of the delta. Tried this B&W conversion in Nik Silver Efex Pro. Also am posting the color version for you all. More of an experiment in B&W. Is it any good? The scene was beautiful.
1/2500
f/6.3
ISO 800
7D II
100-400 II at 100mm.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Here is the colour version.

haseeb badar
12-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- I prefer the BW version here ! liked the similar pose of the last 3 Lechew's along with the similar pose of the first 2 , also the splashing water looks more appealing in the BW version .

The grass in the FG in the color version is a bit distracting where as it is not the same in the BW version . I would have loved to see the complete view of the trees but not a deal breaker .

TFS !

keith mitchell
12-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Colour for me Sanjeev,dull miserable day looking out of my study window so any warmth and colour very welcome, also like the action, very nice.

Keith.

Stuart Philpott
12-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Sandjeev,another guy from blighty whom has just lived a dull grey day,my preference is also for the colour version. Sanjeev in all seriousness it's in my nature to prefer colour images,so for sure i'm not the best judge. I like both images but definitely prefer the colour. I like the movement and the ways it's shown by the water being kicked up also the band of colour that repeats in forground and backgound I find pleasing. finally I think that second treeline really adds depth to the image.

take care
TFS

Stu

Andre Pretorius
12-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Beautiful moment captured here!
IMHO my eye wonders away to the far tree line in BW version, less so in colour..
Maybe a pano without the trees...although they give a "feel" and depth to the image, but I want to see "over there..":2eyes2:

Rachel Hollander
12-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Hi Sanjeev - As you know I asked you for the RAW of this file because I think it is a beautiful scene. I went in a different direction and went lighter/brighter, emphasizing the misty, early morning light. One thing I could not change is that the lechwes are angled slightly away from the sensor. In an ideal world the second and third lechwes would not be overlapping. Still, as I said, a beautiful scene and well worth capturing on and playing with. WDYT?

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Thanks Andre and Rachel for your RPs. I like Rachel's RP more as the 'scene' was definitely beautiful and the light/bright PP work definitely brings the scene to life. I too wish the animals were angled toward us, but we all know how shy they can be and these guys run fast and jump high, I was just happy to have caught them mid-air.

Mark Needham
12-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Ah, the Okavango! :bg3: My favorite place, and this scene makes me miss the place even more. Of the various versions posted here, I prefer Rachel's approach.

Steve Kaluski
12-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Hi Sanjeev, you are wetting my appetite, can wait to go back next year.

I like the comp, but just wined you had been more to the right so the angle was better and coming more to you than away. Personally I feel the colour has the edge because it conveys that lovely rich, saturated colour palette you get here and nowhere else. good to see with a higher SS.

TFS
Steve