PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Bluebird

Michael Moore
12-10-2015, 07:49 PM
I mostly looking for suggestions about what to do about the OOF foreground twig on the right side of the frame. I have already darkened it somewhat. Should I darken it some more? Should I leave it or clone it out? I am worried that cloning it out completely would make the image unbalanced. Is it distracting? Any suggestions or opinions welcome. Other critiques always welcome too. The full size image is much sharper than the downsized one displayed here.

The bird was attracted by audio playback. Canon 7D mk II, Canon 1.4X III and Canon 100-400 mk II, handheld.

Mike Moore
Newark, DE

Karl Egressy
12-11-2015, 05:24 AM
The bird looks nice, lovely details and excellent pose. Unfortunately the OOF branch and the dark spot on the right are drawing too much attention and they should go.

keith mitchell
12-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Your bird looks really nice Mike ,do think that OOF branch should go and maybe take a bit off the right hand side, and try to loose some of that dark patch, just my personal view of course.

Keith.

Marina Scarr
12-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Your bird is well exposed and full of feather details. Love the pose and light. Wish you didn't have the OOF twig in front of it which I feel detracts.

Mike Poole
12-13-2015, 02:04 PM
The bird itself is very nice, lovely light and he's holding a good pose. The off twig has been mentioned, but at least it doesn't cut into the main subject, and it does show off the habitat.

Mike

Michael Moore
12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Here is the improved version. After removing the OOF branch, the photo looked unbalanced. So I cloned part of an infocus branch to balance it. Comments?