View Full Version : Blue Tit

William Dickson
12-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/6.3
1/400
ISO 2000

Another from the woodland birds photoshoot.

Thanks for looking

Will

keith mitchell
12-10-2015, 04:26 PM
This is nice will, feather detail looks very natural giving it a nice softness if you understand where I'm coming from,Bg is beautiful, very tiny nit not sure how the perch relates to the trunk of the tree, that birds a smasher, very well done.

Keith.

Geoffrey Montagu
12-10-2015, 04:53 PM
What a cutie, William. Wonderful detail with good eye contact. Beautiful BG. The out of focus tree with nice patches of lichen doesn't bother me, but could see one with it evicted.

Geoffrey

Steve Kaluski
12-11-2015, 03:24 AM
Hi Will, one of the nicest Blue Tits posted to date. Colours look good, likewise the detail. I don't mind the partial tree on the LHS, but a tad more separation between tree & subject would be better, cool BKG colours too. I'm just not a lover of the broken perch. I assume you'll be getting some in the snow?

Good to see you pushing the ISO, it can do a lot more, well done.

TFS
Steve

Ross Taylor
12-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Hi Will,

Super image, composition, and processing :) This one is really stands out. Congrats!

Ross

Jonathan Ashton
12-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Lovely shot Will, I agree with previous comments relating to super image quality, it looks natural enough to me, the lack of separation seems to indicate that though again had there been a little space between the bird and the main bough it would have looked a little better. The image holds well together despite the very slight reservation and the colours look spot on, a very pleasing image.

William Dickson
12-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the comments, they help me a lot :S3:

Will

Karl Egressy
12-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Lovely little bird and beautiful background, Will.

Stu Bowie
12-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Hi Will, lovely angled pose, I do like the colours, and finer plumage detail. We have a great view of those tiny 'talons' :w3 Moving to your left would have given you more separation from the tree - but you knew that. :w3

I see the 5D Mark III gets more of a workout than the 1D Mark IV. :w3