PDA

View Full Version : Elephants Protest March.

Nancy Bell
12-09-2015, 04:40 PM
This is another image that I played with many variations. I did several in grays and browns and eventually came around to the pinks\orange/rose colors. When I think of Africa I think of all that rosy colored dust of the dry season. I like the frame to visually keep the elephants obvious as a group as well as preventing the eye from wandering away as the various shades and shapes of color call for some attention.

I like to think of this as the elephants staging a protest march against the ivory collectors.

Layers of fractalius, topaz impression, smart photo editor x2, PS adjustments.

Judy Howle
12-09-2015, 08:13 PM
I love this Nancy, such a CREATIVE approach!! The colors are gorgeous and I like the abstract look you achieved.

Dennis Bishop
12-09-2015, 08:56 PM
You've outdone yourself! It's beautiful, and it leaves me trying to figure out what you did to create it. The colors and textures are wonderful, and the progression on the elephants from the dark detailing to so little detail that they blend right into the background is part of the joy of looking at this. I like both the transition and the depth that it adds. That raised thin inner border adds to the effect. Very nice work on the framing, too. I'd subdue the border at the outside because -- to me, at least -- it's a bit distracting, but I really like what you've created.

Wendy Kates
12-10-2015, 11:43 PM
I too, love the colors and textures, and the variations in details in the elephants. The whole image comes together in a striking and beautiful way. So creative and inspirational!

Diane Miller
12-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Huge smiles and very well-done!! Elephant Power!!!

Anita Bower
12-12-2015, 04:56 PM
This is a really interesting image. It doesn't look like a photograph at all. Pleasing composition that suggests the title. As Dennis commented, the fading away into the bg is a nice touch. I have mixed feelings about the two green lines going over the main elephant's face. I like them, but wonder if subduing them a bit more would keep them from distracting from the elephant. Nice texture. An imaginative and effective processing and image.

Cheryl Slechta
12-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Hi, Nancy, perfect! I love your idea behind it and the abstract quality you've given it. I had the same thought as Anita about the green lines but then thought maybe they could be vines from the jungle so I'm OK with them. It would be interesting to see them toned down a bit and see the difference.

Nancy Bell
12-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your comments. My husband also commented about those lines in the face of the main elephants and they are now gone.

gary ellwein
12-14-2015, 09:57 PM
This image is special. The dominant elephant steps out of the frame. The coarse texture compliments the elephants hide. The colors are most unexpected for the subject. Thanks for commenting on the red dust.