PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the kid

John Hackney
12-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Cliff Swallows
I am about 20 feet from the action. No crop for width just height.

This youngster allowed me to get this close in spite of being able to fly away. It just peeped more. No aggression from the adult.

Canon 7D
EF 100-400 MK I @400mm
ISO 200
f/5.6
1/1000

Gabriela Plesea
12-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Hello John!

This is so lovely, one surprise after another - thank you!

I surely hope you posted one of those frames in Avian? Great POV and such an intimate look at those Cliff Swallows, love the behavioural aspect here.

This hardly needs any words because IMO all frames are visually strong in terms of content, great flow from one image to another. What I like most is, you started with a strong image that raises interest instantly:)

A truly appealing sequence with a happy ending and you put this together so well! All five images are presented at the same size and in a nice lineal way. It works so well in this instance, just keep in mind to also experiment in the future with less consistent crops, depending on the content and story line - this could make things interesting, but keep in mind that leading the viewer through the story might involve more work on your part:w3

I so appreciate this sequence, I sincerely hope it inspires and motivates those who are looking but have not posted yet in this Forum.

Warmest regards and many thanks,

John Hackney
12-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Thank you Gabriela.

I have not posted one of these in Avian. I will look into that.

I hope I can raise our members' interesting in posting sequences also.

Gabriela Plesea
12-08-2015, 02:45 PM
So kind of you, John - I really appreciate it:)

Alison McCoy
12-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Amazing sequence photos John. Each image is special and you managed to hit all the important aspects of a photo with each one. Wonderful IQ and pleasing bg. I even like the barbed wire perch. I loved looking at each one of these jaw dropping shots. :bg3:

John Hackney
12-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Thank you very much Alison.

Marina Scarr
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Great sequence, John. Amazing how that adult puts half its face down the chick's throat. The "perch" works well and your background is killer. Super behavior and action you have shared here.

Diane Miller
12-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Wonderful captures, and a great story when put together. Is that a mouthful of bugs? The chick looks so satisfied in the last fame!! And the adult a little peeved at the paparazzi....

You've certainly raised my interest in viewing sequences -- not often I'd have one to post, though.

John Hackney
07-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Great sequence, John. Amazing how that adult puts half its face down the chick's throat. The "perch" works well and your background is killer. Super behavior and action you have shared here.

Thank you Marina. I agree the head in the mouth was a real eye opener.

John Hackney
07-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Wonderful captures, and a great story when put together. Is that a mouthful of bugs? The chick looks so satisfied in the last fame!! And the adult a little peeved at the paparazzi....

You've certainly raised my interest in viewing sequences -- not often I'd have one to post, though.

Thank you Diane. Yes a mouth full of bugs. Yes and definitely yes.

Well I have bought into the thought that digital photos are cheap...
I have always kind of enjoyed sequences so I do attempt to take advantage of the camera's ability to rip off shots quickly.
I apologize for getting back to this so late.

Hazel Grant
08-05-2016, 01:28 PM
love it!

John Hackney
08-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Thank you Hazel.