PDA

View Full Version : Red Headed Jackal ´s brother

Andreas Liedmann
12-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Hi folks this is the brother ´sharing´the wildebeest with the recently posted ´Red Headed Jackal ´.
This was one really ugly looking Hyena , sadly the ugliness is not coming out in this image as light was not on my side at this location .The left ear was not really existing in a normal manner , seemed that this hyena was involved in a fight or two .Many wounds visible on the body .

canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
Window bracket

F 10 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; little gardening in BG ; cropped a bit for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

keith mitchell
12-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Think I prefer this to the a perfect specimen shows how the animal as lived, think I get the damage even with it a bit dark on that side, bit envious of you guys photographing these animals,excellent piece of work.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
12-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi Andreas - I think it's more like a cousin than a brother :bg3:. The comp works really well and though the light wasn't on your side you brought out nice detail. The colors are nice too. It does look like the hyena has been through the wars a bit but overall a really nice frame.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-07-2015, 03:25 AM
He looks 'Ugly' alright and looks menacing too! Nicely handled difficult lighting with good detail and pose. Well composed image. TFS.

haseeb badar
12-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Hi Andreas -- The Hyena appears to be out of a boxing match ! You have done so well with the lighting in hand , lovely details and nicely framed . TFS !

Mark Needham
12-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Wow, this hyena sure has been through some battles. :eek3: Great head-on look with the carcass below tells a great story. Awesome handling of a difficult lighting situation. Nice!

Andreas Liedmann
12-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi folks thank you so much for comments , much appreciated . :wave:

Rachel - yes ´cousin´ might be a better choice :bg3:

Thanks again , Andreas

Andre Pretorius
12-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Hi Brother

A very powerful image, but I would have cropped much tighter from left and right, if IQ can handle it.
IMHO this will give the image much more power, ask Sis for a clever title to deliver a punch to the face.

Handled the harsh light well, good processing..

Greetings from your Cousin:t3

Just seen my 1000th post is to you---he-he:5

Steve Kaluski
12-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Hi Andreas, for once I think anyone would feel sorry for this Hyena who has certainly been through the wars.

The light looks the same as the previous posting and so some quite strong 'contrast' to contend with, likewise the lights/highlights, so I guess a bit of PP can into play. Personally I would have liked a bit more at the foot, so I wonder if the removal of the 1.4 may have been better, although f/10 seems a bit more than you needed perhaps???

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Thanks Andre and Steve for your comments , much appreciated .

Andre congrats to your well chosen :wave: 1k post , glad you have chosen your northern cousin :t3 for this . I think when going tighter i will loose some image content which i like to keep in this case .... so i rather stick with this , but anyhow i picked up your point :w3.

Steve - yes some PP work was needed to control the overall contrast as light was strong coming in from left behind , and the HL have been a bit more than borderline :w3. I have bit more all around of space , but to much of useless and distracting stuff in FG so i cropped a bit and fro me it is just right .

Thanks again for taking your time to look and comment , Steve and Andre

Cheers Andreas