PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking at?

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Another of my Okavango Leopard images, as he licks his lip and nose while lying up-side-down.
1/400
f/8
ISO 800
7D II
500 II

Andreas Liedmann
12-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi Sanjeev yet another real stunner from that sequence , man you have been so lucky , Doc.
Very nice comp , the stare and the tongue are such great combo . :wave: nice detail and colors . The lined up flies are also adding something to this image , very well done .

Just asking curious , have recovered somehow blown HL ..... as the areas under chin and some of the shoulder do look a bit " processed/ recovered " to me ???

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Thanks Andreas, I did recover some HL but on the FG and a tiny bit on the belly but not much near the chin/shoulder. Also opened up some mid-tone on the head area.

Mark Needham
12-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Lovely image, Sanjeev. Great with the upside-down pose and tongue out. And, fantastic eye contact. Like Andreas pointed out, the flies are a nice added touch to this image. The only thing I would do is to clone out / content aware the branch in the background that is sticking out above the leopard's arm, as it is catching my eye and distracting.

Andreas Liedmann
12-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Ok Sanjeev it just looked like being recovered , thanks for further clarification .

Gabriela Plesea
12-04-2015, 03:30 PM
You lucky, lucky, lucky man:bg3: I envy you:t3

This beautiful "thing" with its rosettes, wondering eyes and pink tongue will keep me awake for some time tonight, LOL.

Interesting lighting conditions, not easy though and I gather you had to recover some HL there - nice work, my friend! The pose is superb, love the colours and tonality, super framing, sharpness, love the vegetation, love everything, including detail in the blacks:) But most of all I love the playfullness of the subject, the "tease", that eye contact. I've done some studio work from time to time, once even visited a pro for a shoot with a model just to get some experience, but I have never seen such a delightful pose ( from either human or animal) in my entire life. So good of you to share this, superb capture, congratulations Sanjeev:5

Kind regards,

Gabriela Plesea
12-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Sorry Sanjeev, I only read the previous comments after writing mine. I see you have already covered the HL issue.

Love this image:w3

Good night...

Rachel Hollander
12-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Another very cute image from this sighting. Seems like this youngster was a character. The pano crop and low pov work. I might burn the brighter area of the bg to the left of the leopard. How did you recover the HL on the ground? Did you apply any global HL adjustments? I agree that some of the whites in the fur have a recovered look.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
12-05-2015, 04:22 AM
Sanjeev did notice some of the white bits looked a bit odd, that apart do like the pose that you have caught and the line of flies make for more interest,great work.

Keith.

haseeb badar
12-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Hi Sanjeev - =- Great to see one more from this sighting , never will have enough of it . The whites as Andreas mentioned do looked recovered quite a lot .

TFS !

Andre Pretorius
12-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi Sanjeev

Stunning, stunning pose and capture!
Techs covered above..
Was he laying on an anthill- slope in front and Blurred BG?
:cheers:

Marc Mol
12-05-2015, 01:52 PM
I remember when you posted your first of this series and another great moment here Sanjeev, the tongue flick and subsequent flies enhacing nicely here, granted you blown chin & forearm HL's could do with a rework.

TFS

Steve Kaluski
12-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Hi Sanjeev, another cool image, address the remarks above and you will have another winner, well done.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2015, 03:08 AM
This scene really paid off, the POV is excellent.
I agree with the comments on the whites/highlights - if they are indeed not too blown or washed out in the RAW it is worth a rework.