PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Snowy woods

Judy Howle
12-03-2015, 03:21 PM
This is a scene from last year. Not cold enough for snow yet here in MS. I believe I used AlienSkin Exposure on it.

Dennis Bishop
12-03-2015, 09:16 PM
The tree left of center and the dead one to its right steal the show. You have some nice supporting elements, too, but the color of the dead tree and the way its shape points to or echoes parts of other trees is a big plus. Very nicely done.

I imagine you're glad you haven't had any snow, yet. We had about a foot of it in one storm, but it didn't last all that long.

Judy Howle
12-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks Dennis! That empty lot is just down the street from my house. It's swampy so it never sold, has been for sale for like 30+ years. We have had more snows than normal the past few years. Two years we had 2 snow events. They don't last long though, a good thing since we have little snow removal equipment in town.

Diane Miller
12-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Beautiful, with great processing! I love how my eye wanders past the FG to explore the trees behind them. Hang a red ornament from the dead three and you have a great Christmas card!

Judy Howle
12-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Thanks Diane! That's a great idea!

Cheryl Slechta
12-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi, Judy, this reminds me of a Currier and Ives Christmas card. Diane had a great idea:S3:

Judy Howle
12-06-2015, 11:15 PM
Thanks Cheryl! I love that color. I hope I can find it again, in Exposure I think. I edited it so long ago...