PDA

View Full Version : Sacred ibis In the flight sunset

Gianluca Molina
12-03-2015, 09:18 AM
As promised here is the second shot that I chose from the "shoot photographic" on Sunday

The "trio" Sacred Ibis (Threskiornis aethiopicus) flying at sunset in the countryside of the province of Novara.

Canon 7D + Canon 400 USM L
1/2000 di sec,
ISO800,
f/7.1
No crop
elaboration with Canon DPP e GIMP

Glennie Passier
12-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Caspsita! I really like this one! Is your first name Molina? You have plenty to be proud of here. Good light under the bellies again. Lots of space for the birds to fly in. I wish there was a little separation in the two top birds. A very well seen capture.

Gianluca Molina
12-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Caspita not "caspsita" :D

No, Molina my surname
My name is Gianluca :S3:

I'have a other photo in which birds are separated.

Diane Miller
12-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I like this one best! The birds seem sharper, the light is very nice, and they're coming toward the viewer, which leads to the viewer paying a little more attention. (We'd say it "engages" the viewer more -- sorry, but I don't know the Italian translation. Maybe someone else could help.)

I'd love to see the one where the two are separated.

Gianluca Molina
12-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Can I put it here?

In Italian you could say "that attracts more viewers" (che attrae di pił lo spettatore)

Diane Miller
12-03-2015, 06:33 PM
None is quite "perfect" -- most people would shot many, many shots of a group (or groups) in flight before getting one with all the birds just right. But you did a good job with what the birds gave you to work with.

Burst mode is very nice, isn't it!

Warren Spreng
12-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Very sharp, beautiful lighting, I think you picked the best of the bunch, you just can't get birds to do exactly what you want them to do!!

Gianluca Molina
12-04-2015, 03:46 AM
Want more photos? :t3

Diane Miller
12-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Looks like you found a good fly-by and made good use of burst mode!

Feel free to post any you wish for critique, but in a new thread for each image.