PDA

View Full Version : Little big Horn

Andreas Liedmann
12-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi all i keep going for one more time with the Indian Rhino ,
for me this is about the cuteness of the youngster and the contrast in size of mother and baby .

Again taken from Riding Elephant and i think the shooting angle is not too bad for that height .

Canon EOS 1D MK II
Ef 100-400 at 400 mm
HH from rocking elephant back , even if the mahout was really trying hard to make the Elephant stand still :2eyes2:

F 5,6 ; Iso 400 ; 1 /500 sec ; FF

Processed with DPP and PS CC .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Hi Andreas, you did well from the back of an elephant and the angle turned out nice. I like the pose and the framing here. Cute lil fellow and the size difference shows well by including the adult.
TFS.

Rachel Hollander
12-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Hi Andreas - Definite cute factor here and I think you did very well shooting from the back of an elephant (I actually hated the experience the one time I tried it). I like the comp with the inclusion of some of mom to show the relative size but also to show how closely the youngster follows mom. Tones and colors look good. Only thing I might try to do is tone the whiter spot in the bg above the youngster's head. I find it drawing my eye.

TFS,
Rachel

Mark Needham
12-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Hi Andreas - Great composition and angle, especially given the high perspective shooting from elephant back. I too like the inclusion of the mother to show the size difference. Colors and tones look good to me. Like Rachel, I find that light spot above the little one drawing my eye - maybe clone it out.

Andreas Liedmann
12-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks Sanjeev, Rachel and Mark for your comments , much appreciated .
I personally thought well it is not that distracting .... the lighter area you picked up ..... i removed the area and even a bit more :wave:

Thanks again Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
12-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Lovely image my Boetie... the young un' looks more like a rabbit to me:)

Incredibly beautiful species...

I love the framing, image well processed and colours are superb (so vibrant). Wonderful pose from the young rhino. I like it that you included part of the mother, whether for comparison in terms of size or just skin texture.

Superb capture, I wish I was there to see this with my own eyes, thank you for sharing, Andreas!

Warmest regards,

Andre Pretorius
12-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Hi Andreas

Like what you achieved here!

This image is right up Sanjeev's field of expertese with that skin- I think mom's saddlebags need some cosmetic attention...:t3

The tones and detail stunning..

Image more pleasing now with distracting bits removed. What were they-spider webs?

Nice one Buthi!

Jonathan Ashton
12-04-2015, 01:00 PM
You certainly have some beautiful tones and details there Andreas, I think it is dilutely superb.
I may just consider lightening the little chaps nose a bit, just above his to lip - just to see if it is acceptable.

Andreas Liedmann
12-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks Gabriela , Andre and Jon for your comments , much appreciated .

Here is a version with slight opening of the upper lip / nose

Cheers Andreas

Stuart Philpott
12-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Beautiful Andreas,images like this can help make others understand how precious and how special these amazing animals are. We need to find ways to grab the populous of our ever shrinking planet and share this beauty

Aswell as the oh so obvious cute kidlet,I love the contrast in skin textures betwixt Mum and youngster. Again the colour of the grasses grab me. Interesting notes from the other guys on what can be distracting for me to,so not only have I enjoyed a wonderful moment you have captured so well,but also learnt a tiny bit more .

take care and so obvious thanks for sharing

Stu

haseeb badar
12-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi Andreas -- lovely composition here , it clearly shows the size difference and the youngster is very cute indeed , I also liked the colours and tones.

TFS !

keith mitchell
12-05-2015, 09:10 AM
The repost shows the difference with the lips ,pleased this was pointed out earlier and must admit my untrained eye would not have picked it out but can certainly see an improvement, excellent work.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
12-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks Stu , Haseeb and Keith for watching and leaving your comments :wave: much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

Marc Mol
12-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Cuteness personified Andreas, with your last RP taking it up that added notch.:w3

TFS

Steve Kaluski
12-06-2015, 07:09 AM
Hi Andreas, agree with Marc - 'Cuteness Personified' here.

The inclusion of the mother is key and anchors things nicely. I also like the richness of the environment and good detail, texture & tones, the 'plating' of the body really provides a nice 3D effect. Not a deal breaker but a hint more below would be nice, something that would not happen now.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks Marc and Steve for your ´cute ´comments , much appreciated :wave:

Steve - you seem to think very positive about my fieldcraft , LOL , i do not think that way , as i do this still when it comes to speedy work in the field , only when i am really relaxed and have time to think then i will recognize and avoid this issues .But i try to work better for sure :2eyes2:

Thanks again Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Steve - you seem to think very positive about my fieldcraft

Andreas, basically when you are in the swing of things i.e. immersed in 'shooting', you do become more relaxed and things 'flow' more/easier. It's when you haven't shot for a while, this is the time you realise just how 'rusty' you are and more errors creep in, IMHO :S3:.

Andreas Liedmann
12-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Yes Steve bang on the nail head with a really big hammer .

Morkel Erasmus
12-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Just love this, Andreas!
Super cute of course, but colour and exposure well handled, and I agree that mom's leg anchors the frame, adds context/story and also gives depth with that plated hide.

Andreas Liedmann
12-12-2015, 04:25 AM
Thanks Morkel for your kind comment , much appreciated .:wave: