PDA

View Full Version : graphic zebra

Nancy Bell
12-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Some images call to me for lots of experimenting and this graphic zebra image kept me occupied all day with lots of variations :S3:. I settled on this latest version to share. I used just about every program I have with this. Layers from Smart Photo Editor, Fractalius, Topaz Impression, Topaz Glow, Nik Detail Extractor and Image Borders. Plus PS adjustments on each layer.

Dennis Bishop
12-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Everything about this image -- the curve of the zebra's back, neck, and mane; the position of its ear; its stripes; the curves in the background; and your processing -- leads to the zebra's eye and keeps my attention fixed there. Great job from start to finish!

Diane Miller
12-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Dennis said it -- simply wonderful! My only thought might be to reduce the texture in the UR a little -- maybe just by lowering contrast there. It's lovely and interesting, which pulls my eye away from the zebra more than I like.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
12-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Nancy,

Greetings. I think of processing like this as fresstyle just trying this and that and going where it leads. What a delight to arrive at the OP! Beautiful. Good show! I agree with Diane that the texture could be toned down a bit (the bg on most of the right to my eye) even as I like the look of the texture. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

gary ellwein
12-02-2015, 11:31 PM
This is superb, well worth the day of labor. I like your decision to use a muted color palette. I agree with Diane concerning the RU bg. I applied a Gaussian blur. The redo is rather crude.

Hazel Grant
12-03-2015, 09:51 AM
When I saw just the thumbnail, I though, what in the world is that? Then I opened the image and Wow. Dennis said it all that I can say. I like the original rather than the blurred repost. I like the various textures leading to the eye.

Cheryl Slechta
12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Nancy, this is absolutely beautiful in every way. I think Gary's repost has too much blur - maybe just a touch on the ur bg but I like the fact that it looks like the zebra is surrounded by foliage so I wouldn't blur it much. Beautiful image and OOTB thinking:S3:

Judy Howle
12-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Outstanding Nancy! Excellent composition and processing! Maybe a little toning down or blurring the UR corner but not too much!

Jackie Schuknecht
12-06-2015, 10:27 AM
I really like the simplicity, and the curve of the bristles on the neck, which is so elegant, like a curved staircase leading you in to the image. I think a little more blurring of the bg on the right would put more focus on the zebra.

Nancy Bell
12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Thank you very much everyone! That's a really good suggestion about toning down the bkgd some. Gary, your repost really shows how puts the focus more on the zebra. I'll experiment with it. Michael, love your description of processing as "free style"! That pretty much covers my approach!