12-01-2015, 09:57 AM
nikon d 800
500 mm
auto iso
ps 6 oil

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
12-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Stuart,

Greetings. The color is particularly appealing with the detail in the pinks. Slight cw rotation? If it were mine I'd crop the bottom and look for a landscape aspect ration maybe need some extensions. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Wendy Kates
12-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Stuart, I also like the details in the pinks, and the oil paint effect on the spoonbill. Although the oil paint effect on the reflection of the water is also effective, I think it distorts the actual water that the bird is standing in. So, I'm wondering if masking out the oil paint effect from the water would help?

stuart wanuck
12-01-2015, 04:37 PM
thanks will try

Nancy Bell
12-01-2015, 10:33 PM
The pinks on the bird are beautiful. However all the whitish lines in the water behind the spoonbill are distracting. I'm not exactly which part of the water Wendy refers to, but for me reducing the white lines would be an approach I would experiment with.

Wendy Kates
12-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Yes, it was the white lines that I was referring to. They seem to have a texture to them, that may have been produced by the oil paint filter.

Cheryl Slechta
12-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Stuart, I agree with Nancy about the horizontal lines in the background - I find them distracting and would rather see them blurred. Also, I find the foliage in the lower left to be distracting. Nice pose on the spoonbill and great colors in the bird.