PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travers Part 2

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Here is an alternate composition to my previous post a few weeks ago of a scene on Lake Travers in Ontario's Algonquin Provincial Park. In this scene there is a little more foreground water to allow more cloud reflection...sorry this image took longer to post than I anticipated due to my father's declining health, an unplanned hospital visit for my mother, a surgical procedure on my foot, and my daughter being diagnosed with "high-functioning" autism...do hope it was worth the wait :S3:

Look forward to comments.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 18mm
ISO 400
f8 @ 1/50 sec
Nikon Polarizer
Hand-Held from canoe.

David Cowling
11-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Wonderful. The clarity and sharpness is excellent. Colours are lovely. The added foreground and lily pads really add to the image, I even like the position of the two loose green leaves. Nice one Andrew.

dankearl
11-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Psychedelia.... Wild clouds a bit too busy for me...

Rachel Hollander
11-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Hi Andrew - Sorry to hear about all the various health issues and hope that things improve. I think I prefer this one to the last one with the pads in the llc serving as an anchor to the image, a bit more of the reflection visible and those great clouds. If it were mine I might darken the greens a bit but personal choice and you were there.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
11-29-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi Andrew

Sorry to hear about all the issues you have had to face...Life is tough sometimes.. I like this better than the last but i still find the clouds dominate too much for me but I love the forest and the lake, the lilly pad etc.. its a wonderful scene. There are a few dust spots in the clouds just in from top LH corner.

DON

Diane Miller
12-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I love the inclusion of the lily pads, with a brush of lovely light on them. The clouds have a wonderful, dramatic shape. I wonder how it would work to pull down a gradient with slight darkening from the top?

Don Lacy
12-08-2015, 07:03 PM
I really strong Image Andrew I like the balance of all the elements within the frame my onpy thought would be to crop some off the top.

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2015, 04:31 AM
Hey Andrew, sorry to read about the various health issues your family is facing...
I like the scene and love clouds like this - I think you were just a bit heavy-handed on the brightening of shadows and midtones and from there the "psychedelic" look that Dan referred to?

Andrew McLachlan
12-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions folks, much appreciated!