PDA

View Full Version : Crested Tit.

keith mitchell
11-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Nikon D300
Nikon 500mm f4.
1/640@f8
iso 320.

Bit of a repost on my last Crested Tit which I think as a better head angle.

Thanks for looking and your comments on my last post.

Steve Kaluski
11-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Hi Keith, this is much better than the previous posting and good to see you taking on board the previous comments, it's made a huge difference here. Just clone out the small spec creeping in on the bottom trim edge LHS.

Look forward to seeing the ones with the D4. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Karl Egressy
11-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Lovely bird, excellent pose background and perch, Keith. I should take a walk in the forest and try to find a perch as yours, as I like it.

Jim Crosswell
11-27-2015, 05:07 PM
A real beauty Keith! I like the pose, raised crest, IQ, details, BG, composition and perfect perch.

Daniel Cadieux
11-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Yes, yes, and yes! The head angle is much stronger here..actually, its perfect! Much more connection with the viewer. Nice perch again, and the BG is appealing. That small speck in LLC really is an easy fix, as well as the smaller of the two catchlights. All else is top notch, really nicely done.

Stu Bowie
11-28-2015, 02:53 AM
Hi Keith, love the light in this, it has brought out the finer plumage detail so well, especially the eye. I do like the thin linchen covered perch, and that smooth BG adds a lot to round off the image nicely.

keith mitchell
11-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks to you all, Steve have these birds in all sorts of poses and like to post and see what others think, don't think I can see( Just clone out the small spec??? creeping in on the bottom trim edge LHS.)wish I had the eyes of some of you boys, be nice to get out with my D4 even into the garden never mind Scotland.
Karl that branch should still be connected to a tree in Scotland but I recon I would have a job finding it.
Thanks Jim and Stu.
Dan like you do like the head turn ,I know you do a lot of work on eyes ,will have a look ,thanks again much appreciated.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
11-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Hi Keith, I'll drop you a line, it's not a deal breaker, it's just in case you use it elsewhere or choose to print the image.

Agree that it would be nice if these guys came south, even just to 'God's own country', no need to go any further, I would be happy with that. However, if you plan to go back to Scotland let me know, I'll give you some locations for these and others.

William Dickson
11-28-2015, 10:04 AM
This is a lot better Keith. Love the colours and you captured him in a great pose. Was this at Loch Garten Cark Parking area in the woods :S3:

Will

Kester Clarke
11-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Lovely shot. I'd definitely remove the second catchlight in the eye.

keith mitchell
11-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks Guys,Will I will PM you when I have sorted the location.

Cheers Keith.

Marina Scarr
11-29-2015, 07:56 AM
This is one heck of a killer image. Love everything about it esp the light, perch, pose, BG and everything! If it were mine and I had the room, I would consider moving the bird slightly lower in the frame.

keith mitchell
11-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Thanks for your kind comments Marina much appreciated, did have plenty of room at the bottom but it felt right to me, but will look at that.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
12-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Hello Keith,

Somehow I missed this... superb capture, love the clarity, colours, sharpness, super pose and HA and such a pleasing composition - just wonderful:cheers:

How is the D4 behaving so far? I am sure you will be so pleased with it:w3

Warmest regards,

keith mitchell
12-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Thanks Gabriela very much appreciated.

D4 spending most of it's time in the cupboard, still housebound after my operation ,will try for some Mice if it ever stops raining.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
12-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Send us some rain please! We have never experienced such draught before...

Cannot wait for some mice! When I get a chance I will post some Kalahari ones, just for you:)

Warmest regards,