View Full Version : Goosander

William Dickson
11-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/6.3
1/2500
ISO 800

This is another version of the Goosander Portrait image I posted a few days ago.

Thanks for looking.

Will

keith mitchell
11-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Will I think I prefer the whole bird which looks very good, water droplets add to the image as does the colour of the water itself, your doing some really nice stuff with these birds.

Keith

Steve Kaluski
11-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Hi Will, getting out there is really paying off, well done and as keith mentioned, the water droplets are a nice touch. If you have it, then I might be tempted in moving the whole crop down a fraction, with less above and more below, think it might balance out better????

TFS
Steve

Karl Egressy
11-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Excellent shooting angle, and nice water to compliment the bird, Will. The North American equivalent is a pretty shy bird, as Daniel found it out.

Daniel Cadieux
11-27-2015, 07:09 PM
I much prefer this full body view too. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of head-and-shoulder portraits and create them whenever the chance presents itself. I just find that this image was strong enough on its own that it did not need to be cropped so much as what we see on that previous thread of it. It also explains the noise we could see too.

As for this version, I find the crop well balanced, although a bit more below would indeed work well too. Good look-back pose, nice yellow water. Neat sprinkling of water drops.

Stu Bowie
11-28-2015, 03:05 AM
Hi Will, lovely swimmimg pose with just the right angle. I do like the light in this, and again, lovely greens to the head, with the visible droplets. Nice bow wave, and colour to the water. Well captured.

Jim Crosswell
11-28-2015, 01:00 PM
I like the calm water, HA, exposure, water drops and composition. Very well done Will!

William Dickson
11-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the comments, they inspire me :S3:

Will