PDA

View Full Version : Bridges in the Sky

Dvir Barkay
11-25-2015, 01:11 AM

Re posting one I posted here a long time ago. I slightly reedited it for a competition, very minute change. I am rather happy to say that this weekend I got the good news that it was one of three of my images that were awarded a nomination in the Black and White Spider Awards :)! I think I got rather lucky, but I will take it anyhow. This is a merging of two exposures, one for the arch and the other for the sky, I took this on my second trip with a camera, back when I still shot in Jpegs :/ but I think the ideas I already had. Still I would welcome ideas to try and improve it.

P.S. Morkel I remember that you really liked this one when I posted it, so far all of my work that you like end up doing well in competitions so cheers :cheers:

Sony A100, Sony 16-50/2.8, F/8, Jpegs (two images blended)

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Hi Dvir...I remember this image and this B&W conversion works very nicely...congrats on the nomination...I would leave it as presented!

dankearl
11-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Excellent work as an abstract, cool lighting..

Rachel Hollander
11-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Hi Dvir - congrats on the nomination. The conversion works well.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
11-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Congratulation Dvir..Did you get a critique from the judge??

Dvir Barkay
11-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Thank you all for the replies.

@Don, no, what they do is they just choose a pool of 60-120 images for each category that they like and then end up choosing the top 20 that win commendations or the category. So if you are nominated and are not in the top 20 you just end up with the nomination, you still have your photos forever on their website and all so I guess it could be worse ;)

Don Lacy
12-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Dvir, this is my favorite image so far that you have posted I like the comp and B/W conversion.

Morkel Erasmus
12-11-2015, 02:43 PM
A really cool image ito perspective, tonal range and viewer interest.
Congrats on the accolades as well mate! :5