PDA

View Full Version : Locked down!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Two Lechwe spar at OD, Botswana & one locks down the other to the ground! SO thought I'd share this 'moment' with you all. The light was sweet and I got some nice eye contact. Had posted another frame from this sequence earlier where heads were above ground.
7D II
100-400 II (400mm)
1/1250
f/8
ISO 800

Andreas Liedmann
11-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Hi Sanjeev this is a very lovely frame , love the golden light .
Nice subjects , a overall very well processed tone and color palette . Super detail and sharpness .
Nice job , Sanjeev .
So where is the imperfection ???

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Thanks Andreas, you are right, the theme prefix can be removed here. Cheers!

keith mitchell
11-25-2015, 04:05 AM
Does not look like there is any malice in this tussle Sanjeev just a friendly push,all looks very well photographed to me, very nice work.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
11-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Sanjeev - One of your best wildlife images for me. Techs and pp both look great. Only thing I might do is crop a very small sliver from the top to give the top a cleaner edge rather than the darker bits coming in ulc. Btw I removed the theme prefix.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
11-25-2015, 08:05 AM
Just a solid image of lechwe testing strength - lovely light.
How about a very slight crop from the top to remove that dark section top left?

Marc Mol
11-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Superb colour & lighting here Sanjeev, loving the classic duelling pose as well, agree on just cropping out a sliver off the top.

TFS

Andre Pretorius
11-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Love the natural flow of reds going to yellow to white on their coats...
The catch light in eyes add, so does the bit of water in front.
Agree with a bit off on top.
:cheers:

Gabriela Plesea
11-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Very nice work Sanjeev:)

Love the moment/confrontation you captured, but especially those lively eyes and golden horns of the two protagonists:)

Nice detail, colours, as well as BG:w3

Just curious, did you remove a tad of magenta in the FG/ edge of the water?
Very well captured, nice techs, super PP work - this works for me on all counts, thank you so much for sharing:cheers:

Kind regards,

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks Gabriela, I did remove magenta a tad? Why do you ask? And how did you guess? Cheers to Sharp eyes:cheers:

haseeb badar
12-05-2015, 06:04 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Lovely image with excellent IQ , loved the scene and light . very well captured . TFS !