PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Cityscape plus Burj

Neil Williams
11-23-2015, 01:47 PM
I shot these two pictures while visiting Dubai in September. The cityscape was shot from the 42nd floor of the Shangri-La Hotel the Burj was shot hand held and I stitched 7 x 120mm files together making this a nearly 2 GB file

Don Railton
11-23-2015, 11:30 PM
Hi Neil

Its easier to comment on these if they are individual posts..and they included Exif data as per Rachels post. I prefer the lower shot of the two, but I would have shot this earlier when there was more detail (& light) in the sky. I see hints of a nice cloud patten lost as presented. It is not quite a sharp as I might have expected given its a stitch, but without Exif data I can only guess why..

DON

Neil Williams
11-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Hi Neil

Its easier to comment on these if they are individual posts..and they included Exif data as per Rachels post. I prefer the lower shot of the two, but I would have shot this earlier when there was more detail (& light) in the sky. I see hints of a nice cloud patten lost as presented. It is not quite a sharp as I might have expected given its a stitch, but without Exif data I can only guess why..

DONDon
I don't have the EXIF data with me as I just copied these off my website. They are both extremely sharp especially the Burj where in the original picture you can see people in there rooms. I also printed it 17 x 54 inches and its currently hanging in my Condo lobby :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2015, 07:34 PM
Hi Neil, both images work nicely for me, but I do agree with Don that it would be easier to critique if each were given there own separate posts and EXIF data was available too.

Neil Williams
11-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Andrew
I agree and will include that in future posts............I am currently on an Oil Rig in Nigeria so nothing from me picture wise until I get home in 3 weeks time :(

Don Lacy
12-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Hi Neil, I really like the first image the light and B/W conversion works for me. The second image I feel could use a stronger composition I do not like the is cut off on the bottom of the frame along with the building in the lower left corner.