PDA

View Full Version : The harder you bite the faster they go

Neil Williams
11-23-2015, 01:32 PM
No wheels, no engines, no pads, - only pure bull power speeding through muddy rice fields that gives spectators that unbelievable adrenaline rush: this is what Pacu Jawi is all about.
Held every year to celebrate the end of the rice harvest, Pacu Jawi is a traditional Bull Race held in the Minangkabau highlands of West Sumatra............ This picture was taken in November 2015 which was my second trip to Padang West Sumatra.

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Hi Neil - Welcome to BPN. I've moved this from Wildlife to Landscapes, Cityscapes and Travel where it more properly belongs as a travel image. The Wildlife Forum does not include farm or domesticated animals. Fantastic action, well captured with all the mud flying and the dof looks good. I also like the conversion. Please don't forget to include your EXIF data including camera and lens used, focal length if a zoom lens, shutter speed, aperture, ISO and any filters or support used. It helps in the critique process as does including any significant post processing steps.

It would also be great if you would give your thoughts on other peoples' images. It's the fastest and best way to become part of the BPN community. Critiques don't have to be technical in nature. Just tell us what you like or don't like about an image. We recommend commenting on 3-5 other images each time you post one of your own.

TFS and looking forward to seeing more of your images,
Rachel

Don Railton
11-23-2015, 11:22 PM
Great Action Captured here Neil... Maybe a tad tight I think but I guess you wanted to get close in on the 'Driver'...

DON

Neil Williams
11-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Great Action Captured here Neil... Maybe a tad tight I think but I guess you wanted to get close in on the 'Driver'...

DON

Hay done there's very little crop. I shot this with a 300mm f2.8 and had to get out of the way quickly before I got ran over :bg3:

Gabriela Plesea
11-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Superb capture Neil, this is one stunner and such a memorable image!

I am very taken with this, not only you had the guts to stand still and take the frame, but the content is so, so captivating - love the expression from the man and the bulls are so impressive. So is the "explosion" of water...Gripping action, there's so much to look at here. I have to hold my breath while viewing!

Superb work, congratulations! I sincerely hope to see more from you:cheers:

Kind regards,

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Welcome to BPN and the Landscape Forum Neil...great action captured here and quite effective as a B&W conversion too...looking forward to seeing more of your imagery!

Neil Williams
11-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Welcome to BPN and the Landscape Forum Neil...great action captured here and quite effective as a B&W conversion too...looking forward to seeing more of your imagery!
Thank you sir and thank you for having me

David Cowling
11-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Wonderful action shot. Makes you feel you are right in it. Like the B&W conversion.

Don Lacy
12-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Welcome Neil, A great image to introduce yourself the processing is superb and the framing and action capture tells a wonderful story

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2015, 04:42 AM
Hey Neil, missed this one. Love the action, splashes and intensity here.
Your conversion also does a great job in terms of tonal range en texture definition.
:5

Steven Major
01-28-2016, 08:45 AM
For myself...stressing out animals for the purpose of human enjoyment is always completely B. S.

Neil Williams
01-28-2016, 09:18 AM
It ain't no different from horse or racing 😀😀