PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owlet Balance Beam Act

Marina Scarr
11-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Here's a burrowing owlet image from the only time I picked up my camera during my Spring Florida workshop. These owls were so precious and photogenic that I simply couldn't resist the temptation! This nest had 4 owlets. I set up the perch several feet from the burrow and waited for the owlets to become comfortable with it. It didn't take long before they were climbing all over it.

Canon 1D4, Canon 500L
F8, 1/1250sec, ISO 800, manual mode
Feisol tripod, Jobu head

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful comments and critiques.

arash_hazeghi
11-22-2015, 11:02 PM
very cool Marina, the cute owlets are playful and active, I like the wing spread, sharp details too and a nice perch. On my screen the owlets look a tad dark, I might brighten this frame and add some warmth

very nice!

Don Railton
11-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Cute Overload..! Great image Marina. No suggestions.

Don

David Salem
11-23-2015, 01:46 AM
What a great looking frame Marina. I really like that all of the Owlets are doing something different with unique poses and all the eyes can be seen well. Not east with this group I'm sure. Awesome that you got all of them on your nice perch and the flowers below ad a lot to the image. Yes to bumping up the exposure a bit.
Well done

Ross Taylor
11-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Hi Marina,

Simply adorable! The perch, little flowers, the background, and the 3 little owlets, 2 being covered by the center one's wings. This one is a winner in my eyes!

A very minor observation is the extreme LRC vegetation and white spot could be candidates for cloning out.

Thanks so much for sharing this one, Marina :)

Ross

keith mitchell
11-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Marina it's great the way you have got these 3 cuties in such nice and different poses, you chose a nice piece of wood and the flowers really add something to this lovely image.

Keith.

Gerald Gardebled
11-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Nice shot! these owls are beautiful!

Jim Crosswell
11-23-2015, 10:05 AM
A real beauty Marina! I like the center owlets wing position, perch, composition and sharpness. Good job on having the eyes of each owlet visible. I can understand how you had to take a few images yourself!

Doug Brown
11-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Love the interaction and the raised wings. Good depth of field. And a nice perch. Agree with Arash about boosting your exposure a bit and adding a little warmth to the frame.

dankearl
11-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Off the charts... Owls, FG and perch are just terrific, maybe the best Owl photo I have seen in a while.

Geoffrey Montagu
11-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Put an immediate smile on my face, Marina. Getting three together checking out the new perch, is wonderful. Like the composition too.

Geoffrey

Jonathan Ashton
11-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Gorgeous shot so appealing, I too would suggest increasing exposure a little.

Stu Bowie
11-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi Marina, I really like the playful poses from all three, especially with their wings spread. I like the curved perch, and distant OOF BG, that brings them out nicely. I bet this wasnt the only frame you captured. :w3

William Dickson
11-23-2015, 05:17 PM
I agree with all the positives here Marina. A very fine image indeed.

Great work

Will

Daniel Cadieux
11-23-2015, 05:38 PM
This one is an instant winner and classic! Superb interaction with three super poses. Great setup too, well thought out. Apart for bumping up the exposure a bit, this is a perfect image :-)

Mike Poole
11-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Agree with the slight bump in brightness but otherwise an absolutely delightful shot! 3 completely different poses which somehow have all fitted in well as a group.

Brought back some nice memories from my trip earlier this year.

TFS

Mike

Glenn Conlan
11-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Cute and fit for a calendar! Nice interaction with great perch. A tad lighter

John Robinson
11-25-2015, 06:59 AM
All been said already. Grand shot all around
John

Satish Ranadive
11-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Excellent image. Nice to see three of them together in playful mood.
Beautiful colour pallet, nice details and composition.

Regards,
Satish.