PDA

View Full Version : Red Hartebeest Confrontation

Gabriela Plesea
11-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Another image from February 2014, processed in LR and CS6. Those Red Hartebeests were either competing for a female or just measuring their strength, unfortunately the real clash of horns occurred mostly behind a fallen tree...a lot of frames from this sequence but few worth sharing:)

Nikon D3S
Nikon 500 mm F4
ISO 640
F6.3
1/2500s

Image captured at 11:05 am, just after some rain and it was slightly overcast. Sun penetrating the clouds here and there so the light wasn't all that bad, I found the lack of deep shadows quite helpful:)

Thank you so much for viewing, I appreciate your comments be it technical or otherwise.

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
11-22-2015, 02:50 AM
Hi Gabriela -- A brilliant frame ! excellent framing , superb timing to freeze this pose . I tremendously enjoyed viewing this one , because of the moment , colours and IQ , very nicely done .

TFS !

keith mitchell
11-22-2015, 04:08 AM
Makes Mice look a bit tame Gabriela, great action even showing the look in there eyes, composition looks good showing the habitat where they live, recon you timed this perfectly.

Keith.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Fantastic work Gabriela! the setting, the soft light and the pose are superb. The lowish angle and the interaction really make this image a stunner. TFS.

Marc Mol
11-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Excellent composition and dueling pose by this pair Gabriela, nicely open & uncluttered with the cloud cover working nicely here, well seen. :cheers:

TFS

Gabriela Plesea
11-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Thank you friends, really appreciate your comments and time to view:w3

Hope you had a lovely Sunday, wishing you a great week ahead!

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Hi Gabriela - Great action poses, poised for battle. Colors and tones look good. The only thing that strikes me is that the grasses and bg look a bit too smooth. Did you apply any NR or blur? I would expect the grasses around and immediately behind the hartebeests to have a bit more texture and detail to them.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
11-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Loving the summer Kalahari colours here Gabriela, and of course the intense poses and the clean look&feel to this shot.
Takes me right there! I too found the subjects to be a tad too smooth as per Rachel's comment?

Gabriela Plesea
11-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Thank you dearest Rachel and Morkel,

Here's a jpg version of the RAW, unsharpened. Pretty smooth, but I guess I might have done some NR at the top, by the looks of it. I used to flatten the layers then, so no info. I wonder what this would look like, processed with new (improved) skills and updated software? I have a number of frames from this sighting, planning to work on a few to post in Story Sequences, will drop you a line when I manage to do so:)

Warmest regards, thank you so much for taking the time to view:cheers:

Andreas Liedmann
11-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi Gabriela this is a great shot on all counts , love the wide look , no distraction and the dueling subjects are the ice on the cake !!!!!

Nice work , Gabriela .

TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
11-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Thank you Andreas, much appreciated Boetie:5

Warmest regards, a good evening to you,

Steve Kaluski
11-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Hi Gabriela, it just works! Think this would greatly improve with your new found skills if reprocessed from scratch :S3:, your eye would be far more discerning on the finer detail too.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
11-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Thank you Steve!

I am glad you don't mind me sharing those older images, I love being here but this is "harvest time" for us at work right now, very little energy left at the end of the day:)

And Keith...Mice are NEVER tame, LOL! They are wild, wild things, love them:)

Have a wonderful evening, warmest regards,