Manoj Odungat
11-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Nikon D810
Nikkor 200-500 f5.6E
500 mm ISO 500 1/2000 s

Mike Poole
11-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi Manoj, welcome to BPN.

A very dramatic first post - brilliant timing with all the water flying all over the place.

Do you have any more space above the bird in the original frame? I f so I'd like some more above, and maybe lose a little from the bottom. I'd also look at whether the head could take just a fraction more sharpening.

Overall though a very nice shot, hoping you join up fully and show us some more

Mike

Manoj Odungat
11-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks Mike.
No space available above as I had to straighten significantly.

Marina Scarr
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Big, warm welcome to BPN and congratulations on posting your first image in Avian. What a magnificent image for a first post. I love the white bird against the dark background (BG) and the water spray is fantastic. You managed to keep your eyes clear of the water and that really helps. While I too would have preferred more space on top, this composition also works nicely.

Steve Kaluski
11-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi Manoj, I had the same thoughts as Marina when I first viewed it earlier.

Going darker will emphasis things and also I would suggest you pullout more saturation in the FG, but loose the blue cast within the subject. Nice head on and POV. Tracking the subject as it started to move may have helped retain better focus perhaps and help avoid the possibility of locking onto the spray????

Just a thought and to illustrate my thinking Manjo.

TFS
Steve

Lorant Voros
11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Welcome on BPN. What an image to put down your business card! Very strong impact with the head on view, dark BG, splashing water and symmetry. I like both OP and re-post.

Marina Scarr
11-20-2015, 01:07 PM
If you use the photoshop there is a way to straighten your images now without losing the extra space. Don't ask me how to do it b/c it's been a while, but I am sure if you asked in the image editing forum, someone would help you.

Steve did a good job bringing out the whites. I totally missed that I was so intrigued by all the splash!

Steve Kaluski
11-20-2015, 01:21 PM
If you use the photoshop there is a way to straighten your images now without losing the extra space.

How do you not loose space when you straighten an image, missed that one Marina :S3: ????

Manjo, you can use the Ruler within PS, or in LR if you use this, it's within the Development module, Crop/Straighten tool, LH icon under the Histogram.

David Cowling
11-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. A super starting image and lots of good advice on how to enhance it further. Would like to see more of your images on this forum.

Arthur Morris
11-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Welcome Manoj, What a bath! I love the violent splashing. 1/2000 sec. worked perfectly. You might have some success expanding the canvas all around, selecting the blank areas with the Marquee Tool, Modify/Expand 5 pixels, and Content Aware Fill. It might work....

a

Jim Crosswell
11-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Welcome to BPN Manoj! I like this unique and interesting action packed image.

Karl Egressy
11-21-2015, 09:42 AM
It's hard to get a sharp image in this situation, but you managed very well. Nice dynamic image.

Manoj Odungat
11-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks to all for the wonderful comments. Points noted.
Liked the re-post as well, Steve. Appreciated :S3:

Don Railton
11-21-2015, 11:54 PM
an Image with impact.. in every sense of the word..