PDA

View Full Version : Theme A hunting moment!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-16-2015, 06:40 AM
I wish I was on the other side while shooting but was just happy to witness this and share this moment with you all. The animals were facing away but the landscape and setting for the chase was just awesome so was the light. This was at the OD, Botswana.
1/2500
f/6.3
ISO 1600
5D III
100-400 II @ 158mm

Rachel Hollander
11-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Great action to witness. Love the wide view and that the warthog's antenna/tail is up. Sharpness looks good. So easy to be in wrong place when the action is fast and a matter of survival for the animals. So did the leopard make the kill?

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks Rachel, the Warthog got away! It was his day I guess. The guide told us that the leopard chose the wrong one as it was young and inexperienced. There were other smaller warthogs in the group which may have been better targets.

haseeb badar
11-17-2015, 04:26 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Nice action shot , doesn't matter whether they are facing the camera or not , action moments are always great to see and you have done well capturing this fast action scene amidst the environment .
TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
11-17-2015, 11:26 AM
What a wonderful sighting Sanjeev, how exciting this must have been:)

Well captured, leopard nice and clear among tall grasses, just one paw touching the ground, tail like a rudder, nice trail of dust!

The title that comes to mind right now is " Warthog Getaway", LOL.

Enjoyed viewing, thank you so much Sanjeev:cheers:

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
11-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi Sanjeev, first thought was that this was Duba :S3:.

Hard to predict the direction unless you are there from the start and can plan, then manoeuvre without helping either subject. Techs look good and in fact I don't mind the shot, as you can see 'The Chase'. Like the dust from the hunters trail.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
11-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Nice action, setting and light indeed Sanjeev! So exciting to witness.
Leopard and wild dog are the predators I've yet to physically see making a kill so I can imagine how you felt.
Some good points raised above - I can see this with a slight crop from bottom?

Marc Mol
11-19-2015, 02:25 PM
A great opportune moment well captured here Sanjeev, with a great dust trail enhancing nicely.

TFS